Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SL50K
26 Posts
Hi guys,
ran across this thread.. had to add my pics, just got my sl500 back and I got a chance to work on it and install the SC. I got my work done in houston, TX at Motorwerks of Houston. Its owned by my friend from Med School. he chose to follow his heart and become a speed tech.. so anyway.. I got the Kleemann Stage III done. SC/ECU/Headers.. well i used VRP headers instead of Kleemann cause I was a bit short on funds.. I also am had MHI Bluetooth module put in, and a Carlsonn trunk lid lip/spoiler. In the works for the future is a LSD and a better brake upgrade, and the Kleemann camshaft upgrade. i've already ordered the DPE sl-5 wheels matte black centers and chrome lips staggered 8.5 fronts and 10.5 rears.. which I will probably be able to get put on some time in june 2009. I need to get some better pics done, I will once the wheels are on. right now I drive my 350z to work and back since its a lease and drive the sl500 on the weekends.. I found out you can disengage the Mercedes out of the abs and esp mode completely and enter the Dyno mode which reveals a different animal. I am planning a dyno run in may to see what kind of gains are made from the stock setup.. should be interesting. hope you guys enjoy. Nice Car MVK

Note: thanks for sharing your R230 Kleemann on the R129 forum. But since the car is an R230 I am moving it to the R230 SL forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 SL50K
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your Right Gumsie, that would have been equivalent and given me a bit more torque, but i got my SL w/ 28k miles still under factory for 35K and the work done on it was well much cheaper for me to get done. because. Motorwerks is owned by my friend. for any other person.. i definitely recommed just getting a good deal on a 55. I got to work w/ Ty(merc Tech) and Sunil (MW owner) when they installed my SC so I've put a little sweat into the install, mostly watching though. I was actually surprised I thought getting all these mods put in would void the factory warranty which goes out in Aug 09 but the Benz dealership in Harlingen, Texas still honors the factory warranty. I've heard that some dealerships can cause problems by arguing the fact warranty is now void. When I went in a lot of the Merc Techs had never seen a kleeman SC or the plumbing. so it was cool. My friend Sunil says he needs to put the car on a dyno and measure some settings to tweek the mapping which he says will get done during the thanksgiving holidays and make the car more agressive. before that I'm going to take it to a local dyno here in Mcallen and see what the actual numbers are around. On the kleemann website it claims 475, I don't think its that much lets see.

·
Registered
2005 SL50K
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2005 SL50K
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, I didn't take it personally, oh today i purchased the Eisenmann exhaust and am having it shipped to Motorwerks.. sometime in May or June, I will get the install done when I go to pick up the DPE SL-5 wheels I ordered in March.. I guess this is going to become my little money pit. but Now that i started i can't stop. Now I've I am realizing this is becoming an obssesion. LOL

·
Registered
93 500 sel - 95 s500
612 Posts
yes! sound clips will be mandatory : )... and maby one of you driving so we all can hear the kleemann SC whining! >=)

·
Registered
2005 SL50K
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Nice mods! What's up with the DPE SL5 wheels? Also, if I went that far, I'd change the side skirts to sport ones as well.

Anyway, nice car overall.

·
Registered
2005 SL50K
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice mods! What's up with the DPE SL5 wheels? Also, if I went that far, I'd change the side skirts to sport ones as well.

Anyway, nice car overall.
yep, need to round it off with the skirts.. I haven't had time to take it back to houston.. As far as the DPE sl-5 wheels. i really like them a lot but they just weren't strong enough for my roads. I bent one wheel had it replaced ($$$) then a few months later i bent the Other one more($$$). as soon as i bent the first one it took almost 3 months to get the replacement. and when i bent the second one I made a decision. My 20" DPE's are still sitting with Sunil at Motorwerks of Houston,if anybody is interested in them I can have the last one fixed/replaced and will sell them at cost + Shipping. All in all I was very disappointed with DPE's service( we badgered them so much it was just ridiculous how long they took). The wheels are beautiful. but you need to be very careful they are 3piece, expensive and delicate( not so delicate but u need to be careful). i have the ADV.1s now and I drive over the same potholes that bent the other ones and not a single ding/dent. thats all i have to say. I'm very happy with the ADV.1's i would recommend them.

Another thing I can say on DPE's behalf is that maybe I should have stuck with 19"s instead of the 20"s I guess there is just not enough tire between the road and rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts