Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK320 Cabriolet
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have a problem with my passenger seat. It won't got back or forward, up or down. it will recline and the head rest would work but dats it. i need some help. any suggestions?

·
Registered
02 clk 430
89 Posts
Hey, did you check the fuses in the trunk? I know one of them is the #9 fuse for back and forward not sure about the up and down fuse, could be the same one but not sure...

·
Registered
1999 CLK320 Cabriolet
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey i finally got a chance to check it and it is the number 9 fuse and i keeps blowing after i change it. i went through 3 fuses and i know theres a short somewhere but i dontk now where. any suggestions>?

·
Registered
CLK 430
49 Posts
Aint that a bitch. I had the exact same problem. On my driver side seat. Luckily it got stuck in my seating position. It ended up being a burnt out seat motor. Expensive to fix @ $600. Luckily I got MB to take care of it. But now my passenger side seat is doing the same thing. I have been meaning to get it looked at. Thought that this might be a common thing with these cars. Didn't know if it was my idiot friends not being gentle enough with the seat. I'd be glad if it was just a fuse. Let me know what you find out. Thanks

·
Registered
02 clk 430
89 Posts
Hey IndyHiggie, mine is an 02, but it was just a fuse, fixed that problem but have a couple others to deal with namely TeleAid!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
my passenger side headrest stoped working for some reason, could there be a fuse for that as well... i took it to the dealer but they said there would be a $200 to diagnose it if its something the extended starmark doesnt cover... what b.s... its a freakin headrest

·
Registered
23 Posts
JUST HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, GOT REALLY MAD MY 02 PASSENGER SEAT WAS FROZEN. AFTER 2 DAYS IT STARTED WORKIN. I SOMETIMES GET THE FEELING THE CLK FIXES ITSELF.

·
Registered
2000 clk320
21 Posts
yea i have a 2000 and the seat wont go back and forth so i tryed to fix it and i found that i can move it if i put the front and back sliding plug into another one like the
up and down movement it will move so the problem is not the wiring or anything its prob in the chip but does anyone know how i can fix that?????? plz help

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
821 Posts
Would heater(heated seats) have anything to do with it, mine burnt the foam so i took it out, but check that??

·
Registered
2000 clk320
21 Posts
no its not the heat cuz i dont have them but i would idk how to get them either........but if anyone has an idea how to fix my seat telll me or know any place where i can get that control box that under the seat that everything is pluged to im pretty sure thats the problem

·
Registered
CLK 55 Cabrio (Cabs or nothing)
176 Posts
Would swapping the "good" control box from the driver's seat to the "bad" one on the pass. seat be worth a try?

I have the same problem where the pass. seat will not move forward/backward.
Fuses look good.
It's a beyatch.

CitricD said:
no its not the heat cuz i dont have them but i would idk how to get them either........but if anyone has an idea how to fix my seat telll me or know any place where i can get that control box that under the seat that everything is pluged to im pretty sure thats the problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts