Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every body ..

I have big proplem and I vist 20 workshop they can't solve the proplem

I bought s600L model 2002 and when I recived the car I check it in big work shop in my countery they inform me the left ignition module does not working
you have to change it ..

then I bought the new left ignition module for 1750$$ and when they install it the coils doest not working again and the inform me computer for the two coils does not working and I bought used computer and the two pack coills worked and after I drove my car for 1000 Km the car was very good I drove it for 250 Km And I after two days the proplem come back And i bought another computer and the back to work and When I uesd It for two days the proplem come back

Now proplem some times my car work with 12V and some times work with 6v

We inspect it by computer the computer show the 1.3.5.etc not working

Look at pictures I attached I change it with 24 spark plugs

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Not at all suprised

The fix for this problem is two new coil packs and a NEW ECU. The old ECU had a serious problem and the new one was modified, so if you use a second hand ECU then the problem will re-occur and you will destroy a coil pack.

Expensive YES. Sorry dude there is no easy alternative.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend

I bought new pack for passnger side and I bought uesd ECU .

IF I bought New ECU do you think the proplem will solve because the new pack coils some times work and some times doest n't work

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The proplem in the new pack coils and the another side is working very good ...

as my informaions if the coils is damaged the coill will not working and my pack coil some times work very good and some times does n't work ?

Do you think there's another proplem

thanks alot

·
52,804 Posts
My friend

I bought new pack for passnger side and I bought uesd ECU .

IF I bought New ECU do you think the proplem will solve because the new pack coils some times work and some times doest n't work
you need a new ECU and it is as simple as that. What state the coil packs are in I cannot say. But I can say that if you do not fix the cause then their is no remedy, and the cause (in this case) is the ECU.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will buy new ECU for the three times :) Becuase the two ECU I bought was uesd but when we try it for one days the car very good when the waranty finsh they damamg

thanks alot

·
52,804 Posts
I will buy new ECU for the three times :) Becuase the two ECU I bought was uesd but when we try it for one days the car very good when the waranty finsh they damamg

thanks alot
Just to remind you, placing a new ECU in the car will remedy the cause, but I cannot say how well/bad you coil packs are now. They may need to be changed to finish the problem and I say may need to be changed.

Change the ECU first and see how it goes:thumbsup:

·
52,804 Posts
My friend ...........

How I can check the Coils ....
Change the ECU first and then you will know if there is a coil pack problem or not OK:thumbsup: Even if there is a coil pack problem after the ECU change then you will know that a replacement coil pack will not be damaged by a faulty ECU.

·
Registered
W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
2,157 Posts
Change the ECU, if the coil is bad, it will tell you a misfire code at that cylinder. Dealer should have a special equipment to test your secondary coil, that equipment is cost US$1000+ according to my shop manager. Primary coil resistance is 0.9 ohm. If you use the same as a E320 coil. Three pin on the top of the coil, after you unplug it from the harness, measure the resistance between the middle and the left and right pin.

·
52,804 Posts
Change the ECU, if the coil is bad, it will tell you a misfire code at that cylinder. Dealer should have a special equipment to test your secondary coil, that equipment is cost US$1000+ according to my shop manager. Primary coil resistance is 0.9 ohm. If you use the same as a E320 coil. Three pin on the top of the coil, after you unplug it from the harness, measure the resistance between the middle and the left and right pin.
For your info, the S600 uses a coil pack and not individual coils like the S320.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi my Friend ..

I take my car to the Benz Dealer in my countery .they check it and they inform me the Proplem from sensor Exhaust and form Exhaust ..:(

And the cost about 7000$$ and the Labor for 1000 ..And they not sure about the ECU is Good or No :(

Is the Exhaust or sensor Exhaust Can do like this proplem ..........

Thanks alot

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed the sparks plugs by new
I changed the pack coil by new
I changed the ECU by new

And I checked by a computer checking and the workshop told me .

There are proplems with the two left o2 sensors .

I spent much money :( And I feel so bad ...

And my question ..

Can a bad O2 sensor cause a cylinder misfire ? And if it can How can I fix them or I drop them

Thanks alot

·
52,804 Posts
I changed the sparks plugs by new
I changed the pack coil by new
I changed the ECU by new

And I checked by a computer checking and the workshop told me .

There are proplems with the two left o2 sensors .

I spent much money :( And I feel so bad ...

And my question ..

Can a bad O2 sensor cause a cylinder misfire ? And if it can How can I fix them or I drop them

Thanks alot
The 02 sensors will not cause a misfire. Your engine has run with a lot of misfires for a long tine so the engine will be somewhat coked up. So your next task is to remove all the fuel injectors and have them cleaned and tested. Most workshops have a machine that will do the clean and test.

If you can remove and put them back yourself then the cost will be minimal and this may correct the misfire situation so give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Once you have done this then we can look at the 02 sensor problem:thumbsup:

·
52,804 Posts
Do you mean I have to clean fuel injectors .....

And I will change the oil engine because some fuel maybe in it :)
Yes clean the fuel injectors and have them tested, in case any are leaking or showing a bad spray pattern as this will cause a misfire and uneven running.

You are over the expensive part and now it down to labour OK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we clean the fuel injectors and the proplem still in my car ..

I turn on the car and Test it by computer before the Six Cylender cut out ..

I found this erorr .

P2005 Compouent G3/12 ( left O2 sensor ,after cat ,cylinder 10-12) heatting ,supply volltage (p0161)

And when the car work with six cylinder all the other side doesn't work

·
52,804 Posts
we clean the fuel injectors and the proplem still in my car ..

I turn on the car and Test it by computer before the Six Cylender cut out ..

I found this erorr .

P2005 Compouent G3/12 ( left O2 sensor ,after cat ,cylinder 10-12) heatting ,supply volltage (p0161)

And when the car work with six cylinder all the other side doesn't work
I thought you changed both coil packs?

·
52,804 Posts
When you put the new ECU did you have adaptations done? Using DAS?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts