My pictures at long last...

1856 17
[No message]

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Great photos of your personalized Merc there W140Gill. Thanks for sharing. Your audio ...

Great photos of your personalized Merc there W140Gill. Thanks for sharing. Your audio system looks great. I took the liberty of "fixing" your steering wheel, hope you don't mind.[:D][}:)]
Gauges look out of whach, or the car is automatically driving itself at max speed.[:D]

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Great photos of your personalized Merc there W140Gill. Thanks for sharing. Your audio

Great photos of your personalized Merc there W140Gill. Thanks for sharing. Your audio system looks great. I took the liberty of "fixing" your steering wheel, hope you don't mind.[:D]
Brilliant...lol[:D]

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
re

Nice car Gill! A++

You kept her nice inside/out. Your car is one of few ive seen that have their headlight wipers alingened so properly. Also, you have hood (bonet) air vent and side blinkers which i dont! They had air vents on V8 and V12s here in states.

I see, do you have your seat heater buttons somewhere else? I also thought that electric controlled rear view mirror was standard on all W140s[?]

What color is your car outside? is it blueish black or dark gray? looks cool though. Did you guys ever had rear lights like i have (orange/red)? I also notice that rear license plate area is ractangular and long compared to US specs[?]

Chachad: that was funny!!

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: re

Nice car Gill! A++

You kept her nice inside/out. Your car is one of few ive seen that have their headlight wipers alingened so properly. Also, you have hood (bonet) air vent and side blinkers which i dont! They had air vents on V8 and V12s here in states.

I see, do you have your seat heater buttons somewhere else? I also thought that electric controlled rear view mirror was standard on all W140s[?]

What color is your car outside? is it blueish black or dark gray? looks cool though. Did you guys ever had rear lights like i have (orange/red)? I also notice that rear license plate area is ractangular and long compared to US specs[?]

Chachad: that was funny!!
She's the same colour as yours....Colour number 199 Blue/Black metallic. The interior is silver. Its hard to see the colours properly because the sun is really low on the horizon at this time of year. I'll take better pictures and update my gallery later.

Your rear lamp cluster was standard spec on euro models from october 1994-1996. Then all euro models had clear rear lights like mine does now.

Heated seats were an option on early Euro models as were electric seats and auto dipping rear view mirror. My car has none of these.
If you are talking about the side mirrors, then my car does have electric/folding ones. The switch is on the opposite side to yours. American variants seem to be fully loaded compared to Euro spec cars.
In Germany the 140 was available with cloth interior, handle winding rear windows and Manual transmission.

Licence plates are a very different size to yours. The front bumper licence carrier and the trunk is a different shape to accomodate the larger licence plate. I've had to blot out the numbers on the plate as we have a problem with car identity theft in this country

· Registered
1997 S600 - Bentley Turbo R (black/black)
313 Posts
nice

Gill, your w140 looks very nice.

If i am not mistaken, i think your color is called
black opal, or black pearl. Thats exactly the same color that i have on my other S500. Its cool, because the color changes on it, from blackish at night to bluish, to grayish black..

Anyhow, i like your screen, is it a retractable (in-out)screen. I raised that question before, whether you think the screen(retractable) can fit in that area in the middle of the dash where the phone area was??

did you say they make a manual w140 in europe, thats interesting.

ghost

· Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,865 Posts
CLEAN!...

CLEAN!

· Registered
1997 E320; 1996 S320
43 Posts
you have a very, very nice car

Impressive car--enough to take ones breath away. I am happy to find this forum and this is my very first post. WGill, as I was reviewing previous threads-I saw that you had a rear blind project. I'd be very interested if you could share how you did it [:)]please[:D]

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: you have a very, very nice car

Impressive car--enough to take ones breath away. I am happy to find this forum and this is my very first post. WGill, as I was reviewing previous threads-I saw that you had a rear blind project. I'd be very interested if you could share how you did it [:)]please[:D]
Welcome to the BEST s-class group you will find online.
An absolute pleasure to assist...give me some time to take a few pics and write it up for you

Gill

· Registered
1997 E320; 1996 S320
43 Posts
thanks

Welcome to the BEST s-class group you will find online.
An absolute pleasure to assist...give me some time to take a few pics and write it up for you

Gill

[/quote]

Thank you so much Gill for your warm welcome. This indeed is the BEST s-class group on line bar none!
I excitedly look forward to your pics and instructions. Once again, thank you so much for your help. [:)]

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: side markers

An absolute doddle...
The side repeaters are standard spec on UK models. Mine used to be orange. I changed them for clear ones as on UK 1995+ models. They were suppled with the lamp, lens, loom and connectors. The cut out was already there, but they are easy drilled and cut out if your car doesnt have them. I may be able to get a set for you (or anyone else) if you are interested. They are not at all expensive.

How hard was to install side makers ?
Where did you purchase them ?
Thank You
CI300CE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.