Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 560 SL
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe the painter painted the lower sides of my 88 560 SL? The sides of the car that were flat black and never painted to begin with. Now of course, Im pissed and he said to bring it back when its nice and dry to paint the sides black.. My question is this. They wernt painted before but were that black undercoating material. If they get painted black, will they get chipped to hell..
Yes, I went to a cheap paint place beacuse I couldnt justify paying several thousand for a car that has 200,000 miles, burns oil, and no a/c or heat.

What do you guys recommend I tell the painter to do now?

·
Registered
83 Astral Silver 280 SL
28,829 Posts
Go get the right paint yourself, give it to him. I don't know if you have an O'reilly's Autoparts where you live, but they do a great job of getting Mercedes-spec paint without having to pay dealer prices.

·
Registered
1980 450SL
27 Posts
Leave as is. Did he clear coat it? I think it looks much better painted than with the cheesy black undercoat paint. That type of paint should be under the car, not on the sides. I just order matching paint to paint my sides. Lot of people pay extra for this service wich you received free. Im in San Diego also.[:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts