Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really pissed that I brought my car to one of those expensive car washes...Usually I wash my car in my driveway but I thought why not take it to a professional place and see what they do. So anyway I drive to the car wash (BTW It's an 86 420 SEL original smoke-silver paint) and I get out of the car and they take the car in to the car wash. It comes out and they start wiping the car off. I noticed that one of the guys wiped the hood of the car and there was a water streak there. I figured I'd go home and wipe that off myself. So I get home and I try wiping it off and it WON'T WIPE OFF! It wasn't a water streak it was the paint job itself. I've tried all sorts of waxes to get that part of the hood to look normal but nothing works. At some angles you can't see that streak but in some others you can see it. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I'm guessing this happened because the hood was pretty hot and they put wax on and it may have damaged the paint. But I don't know. I was thinking about repainting the car sometime this year to a black color.

·
Registered
2002 ML55
40 Posts
It happened to me on my 85 BMW 635csi a few years ago. I think that the wax application at the dumb-ass car wash was TOO HOT and fried the paint (little droplets of faded area). Serves both of us right for expecting a $20 wash to equal the elbow grease that we put in on our driveway washes.

Damn the car washes to hell!!!

Sam

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
I will never take my car to a carwash. 3 weeks after I bought my MB I took it to a local carwash and they allowed the car behind mine to hit the back-side of my C320. I had to take the carwash to small claims court to recover the damages.

I will always wash my cars myself!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts