Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E55 2003 SL500
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE BEEN SLOTTED FOR SL600 TO BE BUILT IN LATE JUNE DELIVERY IN JULY. LOVIN WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS BUT I WAS ABLE TO ORDER BLACK SL600 WITH X11 BLACK INTERIOR,BLACK ATLANCRE(SPELLING) LINER,BLACK ASH WOOD . I HAVE BEEN FIRST ON THE LIST FROM MY DEALER IN HAGERSTOWN MARYLAND. CHARLES DRISCOLL. SINCE LAST YEAR. THIS DEALER IS WORTH CALLING BECAUSE THEIR SEVICE AND HONESTY IS THE BEST. NO STICKER INCREASES AND HE IS THE FASTEST GROWING DEALER IN THE USA. THE FINAL MSRP IS NOT SET YET. SIRIUS RADIO IS STANDARD AND THEY WILL LET DEALER INSTALL SO ANTENNA CAN BE PLACED IN FRONT HOOD VENT. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO EMAIL DEALER THE SMALL COSMETIC CHANGES THIS WEEK AND I WILL INFORM BOARD.DEALER WILL GIVE ME CREDIT FOR TIRES AND WHEELS ALTHOUGH NOT MUCH $1500 . RENNTECH WILL SHIP MY NEW RENNTECH WHEELS TO MY BROTHER IN LAW A TIRE DISTRIBUTER AND HE WILL MOUNT AND BALANCE AND DELIVER TO DEALER. I AM EXCITED. TOM

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Tom, congratulations! Your car sounds super. You are just gonna' love the power of the V12. I also have the black SL600 with black interior. But I have the grey headliner which looks preety good against the black glass top that mine has. I have the burl walnut trim but I'm sure the black ash is going to look great with the black headliner and black leather. Enjoy, but just remember, there is an extra 150HP just waiting for you if you decide to do the RENNtech upgrade. I know what your thinking...(the 500HP is plenty), and it is, but for very little extra you can enter the realm of "super car" preformance. Don't get me wrong, your new car will have extreamly quick acceleration just like it is. But the RENNtech acceleration is absolutely "explosive". Lamborgini Diablos, Vipers, Corvette Z06s, you name it you'll wipe out most any high preformance vehicle and most of the exotics as well. And Tom, your car will be smooth and comfortable right to the finish line. Luxurious high preformance!! No sacrifices!! Any way, good luck with your new car and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2000 E55 2003 SL500
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS MARK, I HAVE ALREADY TALKED TO RENNTEC AND PLAN TO UPGRADE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEIR REAR SPOILER. I WAS THINKING ABOUT HAVING IT INSTALLED BUT HAVE NOT SEEN ONE. ALSO THEY WILL INSTALL SRX REMOTE RADAR SYSTEM. SINCE I LIVE IN VA. UNTIL OCTOBER, I MAY SHIP MY CAR TO THEM FOR UPGRADES. WHAT DO YOU THINK. THANKS TOM

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Congratulations Tom! You won't be dissapionted. I have the SRX and it "is" the perfect solution for Virginia. As for the rear spoiler, I have not seen one but if you hold on just a minute, I'll check the RENNtech web site... Ok, I believe the rear spoiler is fairly thin and elegant from what I can see of it. I would definitely have to see it close up to make a decision. Why don't you ask them to e-mail you a picture of one installed? I'm sure they have many of them to share. Which wheels are you getting? I have the 2003 AMG turbine style that come with the sport pkg., but have been considering changing them to RENNtech or the 19" SL65 multi-piece. I just don't know yet, but it sure is fun just thinking about the possibilties isn't it? Stay in touch!

·
Registered
White SL
88 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SL500 AND I WENT TO CLEAN THE NAVI SCREEN WITH MY FINGER TO GET THE DUST OF, AND IT MADE A MARK ON THE SCREEN, THEN I TOOK A TOWEL TO TRY TO GET THE MARK AND THE DUST OF AND THAT MADE AN EVEN BIGGER SMUGE/MARK WHICH NOW, WONT GO AWAY, ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts