Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
Very Nice. Hyundai has been stepping up. I haven't been in one though and for 60k, I'd have a fleet of W220's.

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Nice. Hyundai has been stepping up. I haven't been in one though and for 60k, I'd have a fleet of W220's.

A Fleet ? What Years, Not New,, Just Other Folks Junk Ha Ha

Plus The Dealer Will Rip You Off On The Parts & Repairs

·
Registered
W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
2,157 Posts
The car looks like my couch. It may just act like that too. Who can tell it will run ?

·
Registered
2012 S550 Bi-Turbo 4Matic
303 Posts
Very nice! Now, you should see the valets fighting over to park your car, and put it in a front spot!

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice! Now, you should see the valets fighting over to park your car, and put it in a front spot!
Ha Ha Right
When go To Burger King There Is No Valets :D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
i hate Hyundai with a passion, at least they were creative with this car, it looks like a saab in the front and a 750li in the back. that's a first for them...parents won't be happy when their kid spills pop all over the controls in the back.

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
646 Posts
Just get a fake Rolex too

Because this is a fake Benz S class.....

Our S sedans do pretty much all of this and have been for 6 years

Worst of all its a Hyundai pretending to be a world class Marque

·
Registered
2000 S500 Designo
825 Posts
It just doesn't feel right. While I am impressed with all the gadgetry, I cannot get over my hatred for Japanese/Korean automobiles.

Like others have said, the Germans have been putting all of that technology into cars for years. I'll stick with my 11 year old W220 before jumping into an "Equus".

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car looks like my couch. It may just act like that too. Who can tell it will run ?
Well Here Are Some Stats

The Tau V8 delivers an estimated 385 horsepower and 333 lb-ft of torque (378 horsepower and 324 lb-ft using regular fuel) to fit the demands of luxury consumers. This powertrain combination will launch Equus to 60 miles per hour in less than 6.4 seconds. On premium fuel, the Tau V8 produces more horsepower than the powerplants found in the Lexus LS460, Mercedes-Benz S550, and Audi A8

Equus offers two cameras—one in front and one in rear—to help you save face during parallel park jobs

Also Safty
Driving the Equus is easier than riding a bike. Set the adaptive cruise control, enable the Lane Departure Warning System and the Equus pretty much drives itself. One late night I was driving slightly tired, when I veered off the lane the LDWS chimed and pulled my seatbelt refocusing my attention to the road—so it does work, whether or not you like nanny systems.

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hate Hyundai with a passion, at least they were creative with this car, it looks like a saab in the front and a 750li in the back. that's a first for them...parents won't be happy when their kid spills pop all over the controls in the back.
Boy Hate Is Only 4 Letters But It Packs A Big Punch Wow,
It's Only A Car
Well To Each Its Own :D :D

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It just doesn't feel right. While I am impressed with all the gadgetry, I cannot get over my hatred for Japanese/Korean automobiles.

Like others have said, the Germans have been putting all of that technology into cars for years. I'll stick with my 11 year old W220 before jumping into an "Equus".
Ok Then :) Injoy It

·
Registered
1997 E420 & E320
83 Posts
when I veered off the lane the LDWS chimed and pulled my seatbelt refocusing my attention to the road—so it does work, whether or not you like nanny systems.
:D :D :D

:rolleyes:Hmmmmmm, I wonder how hard that seatbelt pull is..............I can foresee some nanny system issues brewing up with some over sensitive drivers.

It made me spill my cofee:crybaby2:
I dropped my whoper Jr:crybaby2:

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Because this is a fake Benz S class.....

Our S sedans do pretty much all of this and have been for 6 years

Worst of all its a Hyundai pretending to be a world class Marque
Funny You Should Say That :big laugh:
I Already Have 2 Fake Rolex's :big laugh:

And A SL500 And A S500 And A Harley Softtail Heritage :thumbsup:
Also Have A XG350L Hyundai :D
And A Home In South Florida With A Pool

ALL MINE Along With My Fake Rolex

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rolleyes:Hmmmmmm, I wonder how hard that seatbelt pull is..............I can foresee some nanny system issues brewing up with some over sensitive drivers.

It made me spill my cofee:crybaby2:
I dropped my whoper Jr:crybaby2:
You Might Be Right

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And at least five fake Flamingoes! OMG, it's true! Harley, are you a transplanted yankee?
Skylaw Yes I Am A Yankee :thumbsup:
Stright Out Of The BRONX :p

Ha Ha Fake Flamingoes ? There Not Fake
Here Is The History On The Real Plastic Flamingoes
Don Featherstone flamingos from Union Products Is The Original Maker Of The
Yankee Flamingoes.
This BRONX Boy Transplanted 40 years ago Loves Them.
I Have Not 5 But All Total In My Front And Back Yard I Have 22 And I Fly The USA Flag Every Day 365 And Change It Ever 4 Mo So It Always Look Fresh.

This Is 2 Fold
#1 To Let Folks Know That I AM A YANKEE
#2 That I Am An English Speaking American

Harley03joe :Smoker:

:big laugh::big laugh::big laugh::big laugh::big laugh:

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
I really would like to be in one of those Equus's just to feel the fit and finish. I would assume it would be good maybe even great.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that middle part of the back seat is much better as a seat, not a console?

That being said, I love my W220 and I don't think that will change regardless of the cost/love ratio.
Heck, I am not in love with the 221's body and will probably never buy one. Until Benz simplifies their bodies again, I'll stick to my smooth flowing goodness staring at me in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
1996 S-500 white
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really would like to be in one of those Equus's just to feel the fit and finish. I would assume it would be good maybe even great.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that middle part of the back seat is much better as a seat, not a console?

That being said, I love my W220 and I don't think that will change regardless of the cost/love ratio.
Heck, I am not in love with the 221's body and will probably never buy one. Until Benz simplifies their bodies again, I'll stick to my smooth flowing goodness staring at me in my driveway.
Gabby
Very Well Put, Thank You

But I Was Just Saying Why Spend $135,000.00 For A New S Class When You Can Get A Very Nicely Outfitted Equus For $60,000.00 With A 10 Year 100,000 Mile Warranty , Benz Don't Give That For There Over Priced S Class And Keep $75,000.00 In Your Pocket.
I Think Before Folks Down The Equus They Should First Go Look At One And Test Ride It, Before They Start To Hate it.

The Benz Owner Might Be Pleasantly Surprised And Save The $75 Grand Or Buy A His And Hers For $120,000.00 And Still Keep $15,000.00 In There Pocket, Not That To Be Is A Big Savings, Also Not Be Ripped Off By The Benz Dealer For Service & Parts, Think About It :thumbsup:

Harley03joe :Smoker:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts