Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
U2450 OM366LA
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an rare ARZ/HPC hydraulic unit...
Anyone has one of them too ?
It can be installed both at front / rear.
Seller also give me an baudplate with it but I am wonder if it can be fit in stock U900 and/or U424 winch mounts ???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
U1000Ag
2,372 Posts
Now thats what I call a winch :eek:
I would love one like that on the front of my Mog - none of these shiny piss willy electricky thingies :p
Mind you, there is probably some regulation over here that will force me to have a man with a flag walk in front of it wherever I go :mad:

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
To try and answer your question, it "should" fit winch mounts on a 424,427,435, etc.
The pockets / sockets on the winches are all the same , and the parts of the
Mounts that fit the frames of the various models of trucks are different, so as to
"equalize" the different frames, so the pin mounts fit the standard position on the winches.

There are different mounts for different series of UNIMOGS, but the Werner/HPC winches
Appear to have standardized dimensions for the pin mounts, so one winch should be able to
Be mounted on a 406, a U1250, U2450L or a U5000, as long as the correct winch mounts
Are on each truck. The earlier MB winches may be the same, but I don't know for sure. I suspect that they are. Probably a DIN specification, if I had to guess.

On the square cab UNIMOGS , a typical system uses four pieces for the winch mounts, an
Upper and a Lower mount for each side. The upper piece fits the winch, and the lower piece
Fits the frame.
So, the upper mounts on a U1250 will be the same as on a U2450, but the lower mounts are
Different, since the size and spacing of the frame rails are different, as are the mounting
Holes that the lower mounts bolt to.

In addition to matching up the winch to the frame, the different mounts also position the winch correctly for the PTO drive, so one F-64 Werner will line up correctly, whether it is mounted to a 416 Or a U1250, etc.

So, the short answer is Yes.
Probably .

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
Dang that thing is a bahemith!.

Now here is where it really gets fun. After you mount it.... put a tractor/Mower Seat on top of it. Maybe a joystick from an electric wheelchair or a steering wheel from a mower.... and then let people guess till your laughter burst you.

·
Registered
U2450 OM366LA
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@TRUKTOR thank you very much for the great info :thumbsup:
Any luck to have more pics of this unit ???

Rgds,
Jim

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
There is a thread on this board:

HPC WINCH

Which a search should dig up. Sorry- I can't post a link on this flapjack...

Thanks, Trev

I am sure it is possible to post a link with this Apple Flapjack....it is an untrained operator that
Is the issue.

VVVVVVVV VVVVVVVV.

Also, the HRZ refers to the manufacturer of the Hydraulic Motor.

And, that same winch appears as a rear, or "Heck" mount, listed as a 5 ton, model U6. So it seems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts