Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to go all out (in a competition with a friend) I bought a higher audiobahn amplifier *1600 watts* and added another MTX Thunder 7500 subwoofer and put them in a dual box, and here is the result

my first amp was 400w this one is 1600w, the loudness of the sub is unbelievably louder

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 ML320
110 Posts
Nice, Your box takes up most of your rear space(seems to extend all the way to the rear latch). Is that a Amp board behind the box or third row seating?

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope under the 2nd row seats (more specific under the middle seat

I moved the box a little out for the picture i have to face the subs towards the front or else there is extreme rattling, the box actually completely sits on the carpet, the sub is exactly 12" long and so is the back of those 3rd row seats to the start of the plastic

if i ever need space I can take the box out in less than 30 seconds

·
Registered
2000 ML320
110 Posts
BlackHawk - 5/13/2005 12:50 AM

nope under the 2nd row seats (more specific under the middle seat

I moved the box a little out for the picture i have to face the subs towards the front or else there is extreme rattling, the box actually completely sits on the carpet, the sub is exactly 12" long and so is the back of those 3rd row seats to the start of the plastic

if i ever need space I can take the box out in less than 30 seconds
Yeah BH My Box also comes out very easily. When I brought the truck home after the install, my wife started complaining about the cargo space.I have some easily removable speaker grills that I pop on when packages must go In the cargo area. For luggage or large items I just slide the whole box out. My subs point to the rear and I get no rattling(however with the volume fairly loud, If you look at the truck from the outside the roof starts flexing like It's made out of rubber).Did you try sound deading material behind the rear hatch,doors and panels? It may eliminate your rattling.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts