Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys and by the way 518bhp just being pickey!! More photos to come as I am collecting her from the dealership on Thursday morning.

God it's hard waiting, driving pass the dealership and seeing her waiting there for me!!

·
Registered
2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
1,950 Posts
JSYE320 said:
Thanks guys and by the way 518bhp just being pickey!! More photos to come as I am collecting her from the dealership on Thursday morning.

God it's hard waiting, driving pass the dealership and seeing her waiting there for me!!
Congratulations! That is a beautiful machine!!!

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Amazing Car , Break it in Smoothly!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked it up this morning and been driving around the Island in beautiful sunshine. The car is awesome no effort and the engine sounds a dream does get the looks!! Here are more pics as promised

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interior materials

Beautiful ride, I am of a May build for delivery to Canada in late June I am hoping.
A few questions since you've seen yours in person!

I ordered the same colors you did. Is the black interior actually a lot darker than the old charcoal interior used to be?

Have the interior details be upgraded with the 07 55 refresh, or is the dash panels still that old pebbeled looking junk?
I was lookin at the MBworld forums and saw the alcantara steering wheel with the 030 package and wished I had ordered that as well!! How is the new steering wheel in the standard 55?

Good luck on the pickup. I hope my 55 makes delivery in as good a shape!

-ExSLerate-

2003 SL55
2006 Ml500

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ExSLerate

The interior is a massive improvement over the old model. I test drove an 06 SL500 and the interior was a real let down with a horrible metal looking trim. My SL55 AMG has Carbon Fibre and it looks gorgeous. The top of the dashboard is stitched in leather as are the door panels. The interior feels a lot classier and better made the build quality is Mercedes-Benz 15 years ago, faultless!

The steering wheel is lovely and nice to hold with the special AMG style. The silver paddles are really nice and feel solid. I haven't used them yet, still running her in.

All together the new 2007 SL55 AMG is amazing and with the engine upgrade, 517bhp and the new style ABC to drives like an animal! enjoy!

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dashboard

Glad to gear you are enjoying your car!

So the entire dash is now smooth leather?
Send a close up picture along soon as you can!

I ordered Obsidian black, what color black is yours?

-ExSLerate-
2003 SL500
2006 ML500

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sort out an interior photo for you as soon as possible. Mine is Obsidian Black Metallic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts