Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My New Running Light Pictures On My 05 S 500

Harley03joe :Smoker:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Looks great, also think your car looks great, but Mercedes makes a hood emblem delete for 40ish dollars that puts an emblem flat on the hood, I think that looks alot better with the grille you have, which incidently makes the car look newer, I think.. Also that car is screaming for 18-19" wheels! It's a beautiful car.

·
Registered
719 Posts
And also how you wired them in.. did you mount a switch inside the car or use the factory knob?

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And also how you wired them in.. did you mount a switch inside the car or use the factory knob?
Thank You
And There Wired To The Accessory Spade In The Fuse Box, They Come On As Daytime Running Lights When The Car Is Turned On.
Very Easy Install And There Made Very Very Well
Here Are A Few Pictures
I Got Them On E-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/W220-00-02-Day-Time-Running-lights-LED-Mercedes-white-/360288661323?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53e2e0af4b
Thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like those clear corners too.. on the Silver cars.. on darker cars they don't look bad, but on my Green/Blue car (Factory paint) I don't think the clear lenses look very good..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Received and answered.
Any Advanced Auto shop will lend you a code reader, they will hold on to your drivers license until you bring it back.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
well, the rest of the car is certainly not my taste, but yes i meant the lights.

For some reason it just seems very bugeyed or something. more japanese important than mb to me.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well I agree on a few of the add-ons aren't my taste either, like the chrome headlight/taillight rings, hood emblem needs to be deleted and the small wheels, but I think the running lights look great.. really makes the front of the car look nice.. Actually with the rings and hood emblem gone, and maybe the euro plate off that is pretty much my favorite looking W220..

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I agree on a few of the add-ons aren't my taste either, like the chrome headlight/taillight rings, hood emblem needs to be deleted and the small wheels, but I think the running lights look great.. really makes the front of the car look nice.. Actually with the rings and hood emblem gone, and maybe the euro plate off that is pretty much my favorite looking W220..
Thank You For Your Input ,, But Everything Stays :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Daytime Running Lights

harley03joe
Your daytime running lights look so good I'd like to fit a set to my 2000 W220.
I'm sure I saw some very detailed pictures of how you fitted them but can't find them again after searching the subject for a long time.
You're probably tired of giving advice about them but I think they showed how you fitted them into (or replaced them into) the original plastic grille area in the bumper and also exactly where they are wired into the fuse box. I really would appreciate it if you could give me the link to them.
Also all the links to possible suppliers seem to be out of date and a link to a current one you know has the right gear would be a help.
Finally, love the radiator grille you have. I've never seen one on a W220 in Australia. Is it standard or did you fit it yourself?
Best regards,
Ben

1 - 20 of 22 Posts