Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

Well, after some long searches (up and down the country!) for a fresh, well kept 55, I came to the conclusion that I just wasn't going to find one in the condition of mine. I was gutted.

I wanted the big V8 in the 208's shell, but it wasn't meant to be.

HOWEVER....

I focused my attention on the 209's. I don't think they look as good as the 208's but I think I like this one!

I am now the proudest owner of a CLK 63 AMG.

I can't tell you how boosted I feel!

I have never experienced engine response like it. With the 7 speed gearbox, I couldn't make up which gear to use because it pulled effortlessly in all gears!! It's as though the car weighs nothing!

The paddle shifts are awesome. Very quick changes when in manual mode!
The figures are crazy... it produces just under 500nm of torque at 1700 rpm! - with a maximum of 630nm of torque at about 6,800 rpms.
It's ridiculously brutal.

I only managed to take a couple of pictures as I was so spell struck! I will take more for you.

My beloved 208 will still be in the family and I will make sure she is looked after.

Hope you like... and don't hate me for getting a 209. In a way, I had no choice but to look for a new Benz if I was ever going to stand a chance at keeping it looking fresh for good!

:thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,417 Posts
LOL if this wasn't at the dealership I'd believe it...you're a cool guy but I think you're pulling our chains. (no, not 'those' chains.)

...but if you REALLY did get that, then let me be the first to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!! ...traitor! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL if this wasn't at the dealership I'd believe it...you're a cool guy but I think you're pulling our chains. (no, not 'those' chains.)

...but if you REALLY did get that, then let me be the first to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!! ...traitor! :thumbsup:
Hahaha, I hate to disappoint you buddy, but I do in fact own this beast. :eek:

It is currently being serviced and groomed and will be delivered to me next wednesday. Believe me, I have never known time to move so fuc#ing slowly!!

I will have pleasure in providing you with more pictures as soon as she arrives!

And, yes, I do feel like a traitor as I have loved and still love my 208. :crybaby2:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
474 Posts
im jealous and that is my dream car or the e63 amg... Man, we got the same taste..
CONGR.... VERY SEXY CAR

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im jealous and that is my dream car or the e63 amg... Man, we got the same taste..
CONGR.... VERY SEXY CAR
Hi mate, cheers.... I'm telling you, it still hasn't sunk in yet that I actually own this monster. While test driving it on the local roads, I only gave it half throttle (I was scared as hell of that throttle pedal!)....and it is savage.:eek:

I haven't been sleeping at all well at the mo.. it's killing me to have to wait until next Wed!!:crybaby2::mad::crybaby2:

The guy at the dealership is really cool though, he was on my level and knew how anal I am towards my cars. He assured me that it will be well looked after until she's delivered.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,417 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :bowdown:

Congrats, yet again! Post some sound clips if you can as well!!! :D

I didn't know they made a CLK63 coupe, I thought it was only a convertible. Maybe that's cuz' we never get the cool stuff in the U.S. :(

Same stats as the Black Series? I assume they are the same except the Black Series is lighter/missing luxuries.

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
rash I love 208's but damn your 209 in stock fashion is fine as hell! I'm a 'sleeper' kind of guy but you have a heck-uv-a machine to refine into your dream. IMO, I could drive as/is & would dare them to knock an apple in a$$! my friend, your $'s, thus i.e. your car. build her well!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats, she is a beauty.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 & 2001.5 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax EC/LB LB7
356 Posts
You better take care of her! Since you were privileged enough to get her do a gooooood job pampering her!!!!

-Zack

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,459 Posts
Mate, you have taken it to a whole new level ! Good work, hows the mpg ! lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for all your comments. I really am speachless about all this!

I will look after her like you won't believe. My double garage is going to be started in the next couple of weeks and should be ready in 2 months maybe. As long as it's ready before the winter, that's all!

The power is beastlie and I reckon I'll be poodling around to start with, just to get used to it. Getting used to the gears should be fun.. On my test drive, I really had no idea what gear I was in half the time, it just pulled in all of them. It was ridiculous.:bowdown:

It is exactly what I was after. I wanted it as a coupe. I'm not to fond of cars with their tops off. There's always the flex issue too. Though with most new top end cars, I don't think this is so apparent.

And I didn't want a sun-roof either. Having added weight sitting right at the top of the car just seems un-necessary.

I'll record a short video or something so that you can hear it.

Here's something else ridiculous too..... it only has 5,600 miles on it!:eek:

It spent most of it's time in the showroom at MB and was bought by a chap locally who only had it for a couple of month and then part-ex'd it for a CL.

I can't beleive how fortunate I have been. Monster engine, immaculate condition, low miles, and minimal options. It has the sat nav system and computer, air con, electric everything, but not to over the top with things like distronic, parking sensors etc.

I am pissed that I have to wait for bloody Wednesday to come round!:mad:

Need to get back to work now, but I'll be back later.

Thanks again guys. It's been nice telling you about it. None of my family and hardly any of my friends are that interested in cars. All the stats I tell them just fly over their heads. Proper annoying!

Regards.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :bowdown:

Congrats, yet again! Post some sound clips if you can as well!!! :D

I didn't know they made a CLK63 coupe, I thought it was only a convertible. Maybe that's cuz' we never get the cool stuff in the U.S. :(

Same stats as the Black Series? I assume they are the same except the Black Series is lighter/missing luxuries.
Cheers mate.

Yeah, they make a coupe as well as the convertible. I guess they thought the convertible would suit the US market more?

I will certainly make some kind of video clip or something so you can hear her speak.

As for the Black Series (or "Blackie" as I call it. heehee), yeah, from what I understand, it is the same engine and gearbox. With the Black Series, I think AMG tuned it abit more and also tinkered with the rear axle and other components. I'm sure there is quite alot different between them under the skin. The Black, I'm sure, really must be next level sh#t!

Another reason that this was perfect, is because it doesn't have many options. This is what I wanted. It has electric everthing, sat nav/ computer and air con and other bits and peaces, but not too over loaded with gidgets gadgets like park sensors, distronic, electric sun roof etc.

I didn't want it carrying any more weight than is necessary. To be honest, I'm not one for using all the gidgets gadgets anyway. I just wanted the essential extras, paddle shifts and the powerplant under the bonnet!

Another nice touch, is that the coupe has the quad exhaust system.. the convertible only has a twin tail pipe on one side.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rash I love 208's but damn your 209 in stock fashion is fine as hell! I'm a 'sleeper' kind of guy but you have a heck-uv-a machine to refine into your dream. IMO, I could drive as/is & would dare them to knock an apple in a$$! my friend, your $'s, thus i.e. your car. build her well!
Hi mate.

Thanks for your comments. I too love the 208 very much and still think it looks better than the 209. I reckon that if they had kept the headlights standing up like they do on the 208, it would have looked like an awesome advance from the 208.

I am tempted to at least stick some 20's on it, but one of my mates say that I should just keep it standard. It looks very reserved doesn't it.. unless you look for the tell tell signs. Haha, like you say, it would be funny as hell to have some chump in a BMW or something trying to ridicule me only to crucify him! heehee.

I assure you all that this will be the most well kept CLK 63 you will see!
Have you seen Gran Turino with Clint Eastwood?... haha, that'll be me in 30 or so yrs... just cleaning and waxing it up! haha.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mate, you have taken it to a whole new level ! Good work, hows the mpg ! lol
Heeey, how you doin buddy.

Man, I can't believe how lucky I am to have one of these brutes.

MPG?... er........er......

heehee

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
474 Posts
Hi mate, cheers.... I'm telling you, it still hasn't sunk in yet that I actually own this monster. While test driving it on the local roads, I only gave it half throttle (I was scared as hell of that throttle pedal!)....and it is savage.:eek:

I haven't been sleeping at all well at the mo.. it's killing me to have to wait until next Wed!!:crybaby2::mad::crybaby2:

The guy at the dealership is really cool though, he was on my level and knew how anal I am towards my cars. He assured me that it will be well looked after until she's delivered.

AMEN :bowdown: all good. Your baby will come to u :thumbsup:
BE PATIENT .
One more thing: i would like to know what is the highest MPH u ever got that car to, once u have the chance. DRIVE SAFE.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts