Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 300D 5 speed
5,432 Posts
W211 has smaller drag coefficient so MPG should be slightly better than W203 at same engine.
Both the W203 and W211 sedans have 0.26 coefficient of drag with narrow tires. The W203 is a narrower car with a smaller frontal area so CDxA (drag x frontal area) is lower for the W203 than the W211. Given the same drivetrain the W203 will always be more fuel efficient.

·
Registered
New: 2005 w211 E270 132kw; Old: 2001, w203, C220 105kw
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ESP defective, weird light warnings and odd noise from the rear end

So it seems it's a regular thing now, ESP defective message will show up almost every time when the key is for the first time in. To clear the error it's enough to just turn the key once back left-right. Very odd, since it works just fine while driving.

Whenever i open trunk lid the car will show error for licence plate lights and they will stop working, as soon as you close the trunk lights work just fine.
Sometimes turn signal error pops up as well. Most likely i have a short circuit somewhere.

I also noticed odd "knocking" noise from the back but only at certain times and speeds over bumps on the road. It sounds like something is rolling behind me to my right.
I suspected something from my accessories is moving around or the battery was lose, but after removing almost everything from the trunk and double-checking the battery i still can occasionally hear this odd knocking noise. It's getting on my nerves.

Tomorrow a mechanic will inspect it in more detail.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts