Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got the Alpine 9815. The bose system is still left in (minus the tape deck of course). A few adapters and bam the Alpine is in! Let me just tell you that this deck makes the sound so much better than the bose deck. I can clearly hear out of the tweeters now. Next step the amp and subs, then replacin the bose speakers. I'm glad I didn't have to do every damn thing at once.

·
Registered
CLK, 911, 930S
14 Posts
How did you do it? What parts are needed?

I am a do-it-yourself type of person. How did you do it? What parts are needed? You mentioned that you need a few adapters. Can you tell me what adapters that you use?

If you did not do the install, can you please tell me who did it for you? I am in the Bay Area as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to get installed

I took it to Z auto sound on the corner of Saratoga and Stevens creek in San Jose. They did the install for me, only took an hour. I don't know which parts they added

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
Z auto sound -- I hear they do good work....

Z auto sound -- I hear they do good work.

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup

They do great work. I took my old car there once because my old speaker box knocked loose my amp, ended up clipping one of the wires..... in the end all my fuses were blowwwwwn to crap. I bought some JL mid speakers that day, they installed them and they replaced my fuses, wires for free. Which is why I went right back to them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have an aftermarket cd receiver as well and the stock bose system... what i did was purc...

i have an aftermarket cd receiver as well and the stock bose system... what i did was purchase this kit in ebay... search for "mercedes radio harness" and you'll see it... its not really plug and play...you'll need to tap like 3 wires... it also comes with the antenna adapter... i got mine for 29.99 and it works pretty good...

·
Registered
99 Clk 430 Lorinsor springs 19" Oz Opera/ 00 ML 320 19" Moda R6
152 Posts
pat420 question

what color are the wires you tapped into for the adapter? what year clk do you have

·
Registered
43 Posts
they were like 3 wires... one was the ground wire...and the foot brake, emergency brake wi...

they were like 3 wires... one was the ground wire...and the foot brake, emergency brake wires... there might be more but it's easy to figure out since the stock wires say which wire belongs to which... not that hard... highly recommend that harness from ebay if u wanna do it yourself... my head unit is an alpine cva 1004... i also have a ps2 and the alpine mp3 changer also... oh and this manual switch thing so u can watch the video feature while moving... BTW the ps2 fits nicely in between the back seats in that plastic thing if you have a coupe... i have a 99 clk 430 and ill post pics soon... i didnt install eveything myself i had my dad help me with the headunit...

·
Registered
152 Posts
pat420

what do yo mean the wires say waht they are? are they labeled? i have a 99 clk as well. did you have to take out the plastic thing in the back to make the ps2 fit?

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea i mean the factory wires are labeled... sorry about that i was in a hurry... and u d...

yea i mean the factory wires are labeled... sorry about that i was in a hurry... and u dont have to take the plastic thing in the back... it fits perfectly in it... actually it only fits in one direction... but it still fits... ill post pics if your interested... and about the wire harness... i'd get it soon from that guy in ebay coz his prices are going up...[8)]

·
Registered
152 Posts
pictures would be great. where did you hide the brain unit...

pictures would be great. where did you hide the brain unit

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine actually didnt have a brain... which is much better... a lot of messy wires in the ...

mine actually didnt have a brain... which is much better... a lot of messy wires in the back of the head unit though! hehe... its worth it i guess... yea ill take pictures right now... im going to smoke my tail lights tomorrow too... ill post pictures of that too...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts