Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 w/AMG SP; 2008 C300
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:D]
Well my baby (350 w/AMG Sport Package) is one week old. I am absolutely loving it!!
I do have one question. There is a knob shaped protrusion on the top of the dash. There is nothing in the manual describing what it is. Hoping someone could tell me what it is.

I've attached a photo.

Aloha,

Harry

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
not sure as i dont get my 350 w/amg kit for another 4 weeks.

On another note tho, i may as well tell you before some one else does..... you should probably update ur profile to tell us where youre located.

Aparently, you'll be asked this cos depending where you live, depends on options and prices and what configuration ur slk may have.

Even tho the nob on ur dash wont make a differnce on where youre location, you'll still be asked to update ur profile.

its kinda funny actually. Hope some can help you out and answer ur question soon tho.

Ill try and have a guess. It could be a sensor for the rain (rain sensor) or temperature sensor.

·
Registered
2003 E-Class 320 CDI
61 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your car.

The protusion in the photo is the solar sensor which is part of the upgraded air conditioning you have. It aids the system in adjusting air temperature to counter the strength of the sun and its associated heating effect.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
SLicK350 - 4/26/2005 2:58 PM

Glad you are enjoying your car.

The protusion in the photo is the solar sensor which is part of the upgraded air conditioning you have. It aids the system in adjusting air temperature to counter the strength of the sun and its associated heating effect.
Silly question - why don't I have one - is it to do with thermatic/thermotronic ??

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Slk-Gill - 4/27/2005 9:26 PM

Wooly,
I think the sensor only comes with the thermatronic climate control not the standard one.
..So, if you get one of the Ebay thermatronic upgrades, do you need the sensor?

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Woolly - 4/27/2005 9:32 PM

..So, if you get one of the Ebay thermatronic upgrades, do you need the sensor?
I guess not, It would be difficult to fit afterwards anyway.
The factory fitted one also includes extra filters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts