Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 sl500, AMG - F/R Brakes, Exhaust, Wheels. RennTech - ECU, CF Airbox. H&R Sport Springs. K&N
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here they are. AMG calipers, stainless steel brake lines and 13.6 mercedes rotors.
Stock 99 - 02 rotors 13 even :)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 sl500, AMG - F/R Brakes, Exhaust, Wheels. RennTech - ECU, CF Airbox. H&R Sport Springs. K&N
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Custom install by mertd93.

Any questions......

ask him.

Didn't he get banned???

Attachments

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,790 Posts
Was it a straight swap or did you have to modify the backplate like Stuart Knight?

Custom install by mertd93.
Any questions......
ask him.
Didn't he get banned???
Only for one week, he has since posted on the forum.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my brake lines :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it a straight swap or did you have to modify the backplate like Stuart Knight?
yes the backplate had to be cut and the caliper had to be modified. Mertd93 got it down.

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,126 Posts
Congratulations on the successful upgrade Sean.
I wish I could have been there, but work prevented me from attending.

I realy like that custom badge you photo-shopped.
If it were a real badge, I'd have them plastered all my car.
God only knows how many AMG upgrades Mike installed on my car.

Mike told me about the upgrades you were planning on doing in the months to come. Thats a pretty impressive list you have there.:thumbsup:

Anyway, enjoy the new update my friend, and try to avoid large birds this time. Although, with the new braking power, I dont think you'll be having that probelm anymore.

·
Registered
2004 E55
624 Posts

Only for one week, he has since posted on the forum.
No, the backplate was modified like Tech-Tune, let's not forget he was the first to have the big brake mod :bowdown::bowdown:

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,372 Posts
LOl.

We do have ostriches running around in USA.

I think I will install larger brakes in case I run in to one.

I will try to sell that to my wife, to kip her quiet for the expense.

Thanks TT for the idea.

djblu.
They do look, Great.
More important, let us know how they perform?

Regards.
aam.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to bring this thread back up. I have been driving my Jag so much even took a trip to canada in it so haven't driven the benz in quite some time. My wife has been driving her. The brakes are super amazing now that they are fully broken in. TIGHT and its like the front of the car is GRABBING and pitching and doing all the work. VERY cool sensation with even the slightest touch. My jag was upgraded to ceramic pads and new rotors and the AMG brakes are still better then the jag will ever be it seems. I would suggest that anyone that does not have this braking system get out and beg borrow or steal a set and get them on your car!

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,126 Posts
I agree.
Braking is an essential upgrade and should not be overlooked.

Its good to hear all is well.
Enjoy your Benz friend.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts