Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am going to pickup my '95 C36 this Friday, my question is what are typical difficulties with the model. I am aware of the head gasket and front lip seals, anything else? I work in sales for a M.B. BMW and Porsche dealer in Wisconsin but we have not had a C36 in for service. Any help in what to watch out for would be appreciated.<p> Regards,<p> Brian Robbins

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome to the club

Hey Brian ,<br>First of all I just want to say welcome to the club.<br>I am sure you will enjoy your C36.<br>However I am not aware of such problem you decribed above. Also what do you mean by "front lip seal"..?<br>As far as I know you can drive it (treat it) the same as you would any C-class. Except avoid driving through pot holes, since the suspesion is a little stiffer than the regular C-class, beside those low profiles tire, you might ended up bent your wheels if not carefull. And off course a little easy on the gas pedal, as they as pretty snappy.<p>Well, all I can say, enjoy cruising in it..<br>Regards,<p>J Irwan<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Welcome to the club

J,<p> Thanks for the welcome. As you can imagine I am anxious for the Friday to arrive. The lip seal and head gasket are typical for '95 and '96 C280's and C36's. The original design for the head gasket was well, flawed. M.B. redesigned the part for the '97 model year. It is typical for them to need replacement around 30K. While doing this it is easy to replace the front lip seal also. <p> Regards,<p> Brian <br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts