Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Benz World,

I just took delivery of my New Mercedes C220 CDi Sport and guess what???

( You may have seen my other thread - but forgot to mention this - but it is worth mentioning I think. )

All NEW Mirrors are fitted - different style alltogether.

This is not good - as I had already ordered Carbon mirror covers to fit the car. Dooh! :eek:

Not sure on the design - what are your thoughts?????

I may ask Mercedes to swap them for the old ones once I get some feedback....

Thanks for looking.... :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
I think the new mirrors are a bit more stylish, I wouldn't bother changing them. Probably the old mirrors are a bit more functional with the larger signal lighting surface area. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies so far.

I am starting to agree the mirrors are a little more stylish and are less in your face looking - substle really.

May be i will keep them and be different.

Thanks Guys.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far.

I am starting to agree the mirrors are a little more stylish and are less in your face looking - substle really.

May be i will keep them and be different.

Thanks Guys.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!
I'd stay with the new ones. Those look a bit smaller than the older ones (that someone called elephant style), or are they?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
If your Carbon covers have arrived will they fit a Sport Registerd May 2008 ?
If so drop me a line I'm after a pair.
Sim Uk
C22CDI Sport.
Dont suppose you know anyone in the UK that has been able to access the Hidden command menu on the Hard Drive Vesion, as I want to enable a camera.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Design Wing Mirrors

I would stay with your new smaller wing mirrors! i have been experiencing wind noise from the larger units and received the reply below from MB......Not Best pleased :mad:

Sent: 08 January 2009 11:11
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center 1-994160481

8th January 2009

Ref: MB-1-994160481

Dear Mr Holley

Mercedes-Benz Model: C-Class C 200 CDI
Chassis No: xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your most recent e-mail concerning the wind noise that you are experiencing when driving over sixtyfive miles-an-hour.

We have been informed by our Technical Support Department that changes and modifications are an ongoing process throughout the production life of any model, and there was a model change from August 2008 production of the C-Class range when new smaller wing mirrors were introduced.

As far as we are aware there are no plans to recall earlier produced vehicles to fit these smaller mirrors, and any retrofit request by a customer would be at their own expense.

Thank you for contacting the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center with your enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Michael Bacon
Customer Service
Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht N.V.
Gaetano Martinolaan 10
NL-6229 GS Maastricht, The Netherlands

Phone Nr: 00800 1 777 7777
mailto: [email protected]

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is that where that wind noise comes from? Not driving at high speeds very often it wasn't very apparent , but once over 65/70 MPH wind noise is very bad for a car like this IMO. Do the new units make a huge difference at reducing the high speed wind noise? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
wind noise

:mad:I would suspect the new small smoother wing mirrors are quieter as the local garage suggested these larger ones were probably at fault and MB do not want to know. I even tried running masking tape over the door seals/joints and this had no effect to the amount of noise. there is also a link below to fifth gears road test !

Page 3 first drives - Fifth Gear

My average mileage is close to £60,000 miles a year so this really does grate some what!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts