Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 ML350
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my mtec xenon kit today, and it works intermittently....

sometimes both lamps work, sometimes only one side works, or worse both lamps dont light up!

usually this occurs when i randomly switch on my lights within a few seconds/minutes of each other, then surely, one or both sides fail.

when i let them rest for many minutes then likely both will operate as normal.

does this have something to do with the ballast design?

my other cars have factory xenons and i can turn them on and off many many times without fail. :(

this is frustrating having read all but positive reviews on this product.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check with the seller. MTEC service is pretty good. You may return the lamps and he will send new ones...I did couple times when I had some issue but it finally worked out.

BTW, which color did you buy? Can you post some pics at night? Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
try installing a relay harness for the HID's. you can make one or go to google and look it up, they are about $30-$50 online. the HID;s on startup draw more current then the regular lights and using a relay will help that.

·
Registered
07 ML350
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i returned the kit. i chose not to accept a replacement kit since i dont want to hassle myself with possible failures down the line given that this involves my headlamps. first impressions last me a lifetime.

i ordered 4500k but got 4300k bulbs, they are halogen yellow, not even close to the stock bixenons of my Bmw, Mini, and other Benz.....so better try the 6000k should you order from them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts