Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice!! Just like mine. What size tyre are you going to fit? I have 255/45/18 all round. I thunk they are too small for the rear but as they are 8.5 inch wide not sure if a wider tyre will fit.

Also the 255 is slightly too wide on a lowered car, slightly rub at full lock. Ideally need 245 on the front of mine but yours is not lowered so you can get away with wider.

Could you have got the lip polished? That would have looked awesome. Mine are the same as yours but I would love the lip polished.:thumbsup:

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
Nice!! Just like mine. What size tyre are you going to fit? I have 255/45/18 all round. I thunk they are too small for the rear but as they are 8.5 inch wide not sure if a wider tyre will fit.

Also the 255 is slightly too wide on a lowered car, slightly rub at full lock. Ideally need 245 on the front of mine but yours is not lowered so you can get away with wider.

Could you have got the lip polished? That would have looked awesome. Mine are the same as yours but I would love the lip polished.:thumbsup:

I have the same wheels away being re furbished, I have opted for a sparkle silver rim with standard MB silver for the center. I would had they been spoked wheels gone for a darker grey and bright silver rim, being so slab sided that could look wrong. I will have them back in a few days.

The problem with polished rims is that it does not last, as there is no pigment in clear lacquers.

For the time being I have got a spare set of SL wheels on the car and 285 wide on the rear, the car does not feel as nice with them and there is more tyre noise, I feel the 255 x 45 are dead rght.

I will put the pictures up here when they are ready

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanx m8.Will run 255/45 all around,I like Dunlop SP9000 tyre look.Also got spacers at the back,so the rim will probably stick out as 9.5J.
Downside need to wait till Feb for them to be fitted :(
Going to Eastern Europe thru Germany so winters are a must,otherwise 75euro fine and company to nearest tyre garage to get winters on....
Duggy could U post some pics of yours mono's on the car pls m8

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same wheels away being re furbished, I have opted for a sparkle silver rim with standard MB silver for the center. I would had they been spoked wheels gone for a darker grey and bright silver rim, being so slab sided that could look wrong. I will have them back in a few days.

The problem with polished rims is that it does not last, as there is no pigment in clear lacquers.

For the time being I have got a spare set of SL wheels on the car and 285 wide on the rear, the car does not feel as nice with them and there is more tyre noise, I feel the 255 x 45 are dead rght.

I will put the pictures up here when they are ready
Yes diamond cut or polished lid looks great but it's hard to keep it right.Aluminium does corrode we coud loose a nice look of it in couple of months.I did it once and was sliglthy regreting.Monoblock's are an art on their own,specially when fitted on w140,w210,w202 or r129 OLD SCHOOL look really fit them :)

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
wow you must have had perfectly clean rims before if you got them powder coated and they look that perfect. mine had a scrapped lip and they wanted an extra 300 to make the lips good. also polished lips last long in California(as long as you polish them once in a while)

·
6,543 Posts
Yes diamond cut or polished lid looks great but it's hard to keep it right.Aluminium does corrode we coud loose a nice look of it in couple of months.I did it once and was sliglthy regreting.Monoblock's are an art on their own,specially when fitted on w140,w210,w202 or r129 OLD SCHOOL look really fit them :)
Its ok to have the same silver all over here in the UK the light will catch the different angles.

·
6,543 Posts
wow you must have had perfectly clean rims before if you got them powder coated and they look that perfect. mine had a scrapped lip and they wanted an extra 300 to make the lips good. also polished lips last long in California(as long as you polish them once in a while)
Over here the wheel firms will turn the damage off in bad cases and all part of the deal.

the monblocks that I am having down were the worst I have ever head for kerb damage, I wish now that I had taken a picture before

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine were badly corroded as the lid was originally diamond cuted.They went to the oven 3 times to get the gases out,powder was bubling in high temperature (two wheels were bad) 25£ each extra.They stripped them in acid 3 times ass well plus two coates of primer.
Thanx god they saved them :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awsome
Create a new tread so everyone can admire.I know you ride sits just right and with monoblocks wow
Cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello mate,

I have not forgotten about the pics. Damn SKY broadband is down, now awaiting a shiny new fibre optic cable to be installed by Virgin.

I look forward to 10mb spead rather than the measly 0.3mb I was getting with Sky.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello there,
No worries m8,whenever you gonna be ready.
I wonder if that virgin fibre optic will really increase the speed?I'm with SKY too swaped from BT (that was a disaster)- it is slow but survivable :) at least it is not going off like bt with no reason.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx m8,
Impressive,for 18's they really look meaty.They are just made for our cars.
Awsome!!!

·
6,543 Posts
I had mine done in two colours, I have them on the car but raining every day. This style of wheel does suit the CL very well

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts