Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 S600 Sedan
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I purchased 2006 CLS55 AMG in the beginning of 2020 before Covid-19 kicked in! :D

It has the following modifications done by its previous owners:

1) RENNtech stage 4 performance upgrade
2) Meisterschaft catback exhaust
3) HRE 943R wheels
4) H&R lowering module
5) Carbon Fiber front lip, rear diffuser and trunk spoiler

I did the following modifications so far:

1) Replaced stock steering wheel with custom one made by LederanZ. It's all leather with paddle shifters. Looks incrediable!
2) Purchased and installed Mandrus Stirling 19" wheels. My HRE 943R wheels need some TLC (fixing lips, replacing barrels and refinishing)
3) Purchased a used full interior trim piece kit and sent it to oCarbon (Matt) who will finish the front pieces in carbon fiber and paint the rear ones (pockets) in black. I'm currently waiting and I hope to receive the updated trim sometime in December this year.

Also I want to do these mods:

1) Replace factory head unit with Android one. Can't decide whether to go with something like Kenwood or purchase one of Chinese units. I'm going wait for CES 2021 and hope they update current units with better screens and tech.
2) Replace factory tail lights with 2009+ tail lights. The problem is I need a module to make sure 2009+ tail lights work fine. Unless I get a module I won't proceed. Also I'm not sure if I need Euro tail lights with orange turn signals or if US tail lights come with orange turn signals as well.

Currently I'm in the process of replacing my Meisterschaft exhaust with a stock one which I purchased recently. The problem is Meisterschaft exhaust gives me some drone noise. Idk if the reason is this exhaust alone or RENNtech headers but I already started swapping it with a used stock exhaust. My plan is to install the stock exhast first and then add cutouts. The goal is to have a quiet exhaust by default which could scream on demand. I plan to replace exhausts by myself and then take it to a muffler shop to install cutouts with valves. Unfortunately, there are no valved exhausts for CLS on the market. Otherwise I'd purchase one already.

Here is my most recent video where I struggled to remove the Meisterschaft exhaust! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts