Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
sosh - 4/8/2006 7:11 PM

Looks like a half assed install. Very sloppy
Sosh you pash judgement so quick, but when the server is so flackey you do not know if this is all the pictures or not. Overall, you should of ran the wires under the dash.

·
Registered
02 ML 320
1,046 Posts
ttaleric - 4/8/2006 9:24 PM

sosh - 4/8/2006 7:11 PM

Looks like a half assed install. Very sloppy
Sosh you pash judgement so quick, but when the server is so flackey you do not know if this is all the pictures or not. Overall, you should of ran the wires under the dash.
lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ill fix it up, and i figured something out, ill just tap into the 12v remote on wire formt eh inside of the dash, and use the other switch to turn on and aoff the stock sub. Itll look good when im done, dont you worry.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so i cleaned it up a lot, i tapped intothe 12v remote on wire. BTW i also put some pics of my roof.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
So I am guessing you have a factory head unit??

·
Registered
ML320
63 Posts
Hi

Appreciate you want subs and also kinda understand why you want big red 'safety' switches - in an Apollo rocket sort of way but... why mess up the ashtray etc?

Dont want to cut any holes?

Far better to have put up under rearview mirror/sunroof switch housing and put the switches there by cutting holes thus 1) leaving ashtray unit/cover intact and 2) if you must have big red 'missile arm' switches, have em high up so you can reach up impessively like a pilot performing his take-off sequence

:)

Alex

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah stock headunit

thepig: I liek them there because people see them. I also dont smoke in my car so i wouldnt need an ashtray, and the switches look nice there. Ive gotten many ooo whats that for.... and its easy to flip off when cops roll by, i was already pulled over once :( for loud music i got a warning. The tips also light up when they are on.

·
Registered
ML-320
235 Posts
sin0822 - 4/11/2006 7:22 PM

Yeah stock headunit

thepig: I liek them there because people see them. I also dont smoke in my car so i wouldnt need an ashtray, and the switches look nice there. Ive gotten many ooo whats that for.... and its easy to flip off when cops roll by, i was already pulled over once :( for loud music i got a warning. The tips also light up when they are on.
you got pulled over for having your system to loud was that when you were sleeping lol
i doubt you would get pulled over with those to JL's what are those W1's maybe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah w1s and i did get pulled over. Why would you think i got pulled over in my sleep?? Cops out here are anal

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
No worries sin, those w1's will sound better then most. I am sure they will crank out some db's too.

The reason i asked about the aftermarket headunit was because those can control if the amp is on or off, basically what you wired up with those switches.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i actually got the idea by looking back there, looks like the guys that installed my subs acutaly tapped into a 12v line and i cut it by accident. My MCS does actually turn it on nd off. But i was thinking baout a new headunit with nav and a nice lcd, but thats in the future. But thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
sin0822 - 4/14/2006 8:25 AM

i actually got the idea by looking back there, looks like the guys that installed my subs acutaly tapped into a 12v line and i cut it by accident. My MCS does actually turn it on nd off. But i was thinking baout a new headunit with nav and a nice lcd, but thats in the future. But thanks for your help!
So you can turn the sub off with the MCS? Meaning...

Have music playing out of the door speakers and have the sub on. Then turn off the sub, but still have the speakers still playing??? The MCS can controll that?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh no i though tyou mean amp on off, yeah that would be a nice feature.
ttaleric - 4/14/2006 8:27 AM

sin0822 - 4/14/2006 8:25 AM

So you can turn the sub off with the MCS? Meaning...

Have music playing out of the door speakers and have the sub on. Then turn off the sub, but still have the speakers still playing??? The MCS can controll that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts