Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for the longest time now members keep asking how I get my truck looking so clean. Here are the Steps and Tips. And just in case you want to sue me.lol (Wash and Buff at your own risk)

Tires and RIMS:
Tip- Always wash rims first, then truck, then interior.

1. rinse rims (water hose for light dirt, pressure washer for heavy dirt)
2. use a nylon bristle brush along with Low PH Cleaner to scrub off dirt
3. rinse rims and rinse brush
4. dry rims with micro-fiber towel
5. apply chrome cleaner, let dry, wipe clean and buff with micro-fiber towel.
6. apply chrome sealer, let dry, wipe off and buff with micro-fiber towel
7. for a wet shine tire look use tire gel
8. use a micro-fiber towel to wipe off excess gel.
9. mix tire gel and water in a spay bottle, spray the wheel-wells lightly.

ML TRUCK:
Tip- Avoid splashing large amounts of water back on your rims and tires.

1. rinse truck (water hose for light dirt, pressure washer for heavy dirt)
2. wash using Low PH balanced cleaner to reduce spots, and use micro-fiber towels to apply cleaner.
3. rinse
5. Dry with micro-fiber towels

MAKITTA 9227 C:
After truck is clean and dry

Tips- Dont go past 1500 rpm or you will burn through your paint, Dont keep the polisher in one place or you will burn through your paint.

1. With a Water Filled spray bottle apply a light mist over your Foam Pad (ABRASSIVE)
2. Apply Compound to foam pad
3. Buff one section of truck at a time in up and down and side to side motions (DoNt apply pressure)
4. Let dry, wipe off, continue untill entire truck is complete.

1. With a Water Filled spray bottle apply a light mist over your Foam Pad (Medium ABRASSIVE)
2. Apply Wax to foam pad
3. Buff one section of truck at a time in up and down and side to side motions (DoNt apply pressure)

1. With a Water Filled spray bottle apply a light mist over your Foam Pad (Low ABRASSIVE)
2. Apply Wax Polish to foam pad

1. With a Water Filled spray bottle apply a light mist over your Polishing pad ( Fine Polishing)
2. Polish one section of truck at a time in up and down and side to side motions (DoNt apply pressure)
3. Continue untill entire truck is complete.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wait! you don't wash the truck after you have dried the tires and applied tire gel, right?
yes you do. Thats what sealer on the rims was for and same with the gel. All you do when the truck is washed is dry everything. If you wash your truck first and then the rims your going to splatter all the road grim back on your truck. you could wash everything at the same time also but that would take a very long time to finish and apply all the cleaners, gels, and sealers.

Now dont go out and soak the hell out of the rims.lol Wash the truck only.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned how to detail cars since a young age. I have Family members who own custom car shops who need to detail every last inch on each ride before its returned to the customer.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Detane, thats excellent.I also love to detail my car and I hate seeing dirty cars on the road. It makes me want to vomit. LOL.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks for the info, do you have any pictures?

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah ... we need to see pictures of DETANEone's ML all shining and stuff :)

By the way, I checked your profile... interesting stuff...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah ... we need to see pictures of DETANEone's ML all shining and stuff :)

By the way, I checked your profile... interesting stuff...
:D 2nd that DETANE. we need pics of your diamond! i'm with u on the spot rinse & the towels. but i do wash truck 1st and rims/tires 2nd--old adage of gravity and water running down i guess--top point first and wash down. dont' let'em playa hate here lol. the ml's forum crew is a fistie bunch but we LOVE pics of a very sharp & clean ml. we learn all from that sharing experience. besides, from your bio & avatar I think u were DETANE'd in your thinking long enough to smart enough to buy an ml! LOL bling is good thing if you have a star on your car.:cool:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Indeed, Nice!

I would love to keep my truck clean in the winter. Between below freezing temperatures and the salt spray when temps are above freezing, you can't even pull away from the car wash in a clean vehicle.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Indeed, Nice!

I would love to keep my truck clean in the winter. Between below freezing temperatures and the salt spray when temps are above freezing, you can't even pull away from the car wash in a clean vehicle.
True for me too.

But I am addicted to cleaning the truck, So I wash anyways and drive really slowly back to my house, then I admire my almost perfectly clean ML in the middle of a Canadian winter. All the while I know it will be dirty again the next time I take it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah...its easy for you west coast guys....here in the east cost i have to watch my ML500 at least twice a week due to the snow and salt on the roads splattering all over...its a pain trying to keep my ML looking prime but to me is not a hobby it an obsession.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah...its easy for you west coast guys....here in the east cost i have to watch my ML500 at least twice a week due to the snow and salt on the roads splattering all over...its a pain trying to keep my ML looking prime but to me is not a hobby it an obsession.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Me too I think I have an obsession to drive a clean looking ML... My wife thinks that I clean it too much... c'mon it's only once a week!... I like it clean inside and out... !...
My son sometimes eats in the truck, food crumbles all over the place... I hate that... I usually clean it right away... He's been banned from eating in the car unless he puts his acts together, .. no food crumbles that is... I know it's tough!...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me too I think I have an obsession to drive a clean looking ML... My wife thinks that I clean it too much... c'mon it's only once a week!... I like it clean inside and out... !...
My son sometimes eats in the truck, food crumbles all over the place... I hate that... I usually clean it right away... He's been banned from eating in the car unless he puts his acts together, .. no food crumbles that is... I know it's tough!...
Thats why I have the ML 6 GOLDEN RULES:

1. Always Respect My car, and I will respect you.
2. No eating in my Car
3. Drinks must be in a can or bottle (NO CUPS)!
4. Wipe your feet before you enter
5. You break it you buy it
6. Cars dont run on friendship (SO PITCH IN FOR GAS)!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts