Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are the pictures finally. This is the first time I have ever attached photos on the internet so if its not right don't get mad...

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML320
23 Posts
How is the clearance on those? they fit good and you still get all the articulation when you had the stock tires?

they look NICE! I would love to have some 33" on mine.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RyanTheWizard said:
How is the clearance on those? they fit good and you still get all the articulation when you had the stock tires?

they look NICE! I would love to have some 33" on mine.
The clearance is good. I did raise the front 3" though. The rear will rub if I hit a good dip but it is the inner fender plastic and I will be cutting about 2" off of it so it will not rub anymore. I did loose a little torque but it still has plenty of power.
I will probably also raise the rear about 2".

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Looks really nice, I wanted to put 30" tires on my ML but the problem is that I dont off-road that often in it

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
The M-class definitely would have looked better overall with bigger standard wheels. Street driving performance would have taken a hit, though, and then there are the rollover problems with tall SUVs. Oh well, can't have everything.

DelJ

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You are crazy. Those tires will change your speedometer reading and make your car ride horribly. You may even go blind.

LOL

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DaveN007 said:
You are crazy. Those tires will change your speedometer reading and make your car ride horribly. You may even go blind.

LOL
The speedo is off by 5 mph which doesnt matter to me. The ride is actually nicer, I don't feel all the little imperfections in the road anymore...

·
Registered
1998 ML 320
207 Posts
Thats Hella Crazy! You Go Dude!

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
I wonder how my motorhome wheels would look on ML.
They are only 246 lb..... each.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kajtek1 said:
I wonder how my motorhome wheels would look on ML.
They are only 246 lb..... each.
You must have a really nice motorhome. I know that is the weight of big rig wheels and tires... Maybe a Prevost???

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
rudedude said:
The speedo is off by 5 mph which doesnt matter to me. The ride is actually nicer, I don't feel all the little imperfections in the road anymore...

I put 50,000 miles on 31 inch BFGs, now I have 33 inch BFGs. Now that my profile has changed, I guess that isnt as obvious from the picture.

I was joking. They are grat tires.

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
All I can say is WOW.
Those are some very BIG tires. Heh. I thought you fit 33" rims on your truck, but 33" is 33" Heh. Glad to hear that you aren't getting all that much rubbing.

*thumbs up* for uniqueness :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts