Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I edited the vid to low quality and blury in order to reduce the size of the file. Some people have asked me about how my MagnaFlow muffler sound, here you go !

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: So is magna flow the way to go???

what do you have ... just the muffler ? ias it the stainless steel or what ... how much ...?? Are you happy with it.. I kind of want a clk 430 ish drone . deep not too loud .. on a 320 ...<br> thanks ...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Yes . . . (more)

First of all it's really cheap(around $300 installed) and it gives you a deep sound, the bigger the engine is the deeper the muffler will sound. I only have the muffler installed and it sound perfect for me because it's deep and loud(not as loud as ricerockets). I have the 3' StraightCut Street Muffler and yes it's stainless. It'll sound even DEEPER on a 430 because it's a V8. But if you have money, I would recommend you to go for Brabus or AMG . . . etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Bruce :eek:ne more question on it ...

what about internal resonance ? i hate that 'hey you havea hole in your muffler sound' in the cabin also and performance gains ???

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't sound like it has a hole in the, the performance stays the same since it's just a muffler

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Those guys probably got their cars when they were still pretty damn new, I'm sure they're driving something else at this point as well although I am curious to know what it sounds like. I was thinking of getting the Eisenmann race exhaust at retail through a local shop, since nothing really came out of the group buy, but would like to hear this as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Would the w208 sound the same as say a w203 "320". I found a video of a magnaflow on a C320 but i don't know if they have the same type of cats, resonator etc.

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
soby, the w208 is the body style# the 320 is the V6 and yes the coupe would probably sound the same as the sedan with the same V6 motor. the operative word is probably.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts