Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for a couple of months and at different supercharger systems along with turbo systems. For the money nothing comes close to the fit and finish of an HPS supercharger system. I picked the HPS system because of the factory appearance and support; there knowledge in superchargers, “They work on the space shuttle!� and their conservative and real approach to the actual numbers in horsepower gain “ I got more horsepower than what they quoted.�

I expected that my car was going to be a bit faster boy was I wrong! It’s like having a 426-hemming engine in an economy car. I can break the tires loose at 40 and I’m on my 2nd set of P0 tires. I know it’s a waste of money burning my tires like that but makes feel like I’m 16 again! The throttle responds is incredible and with no lag! This is not adversely affecting my fuel economy. Except when my foot is on it! This car is a pleasure to drive and highly recommend for any C43 owner looking for more speed to buy the HPS system.

Any questions contact me at your convenience at [email protected] or at 360-651-8765

Sincerely,

Mike Mitchell

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 E350 AMG Sport Package, P2
505 Posts
Nice Man!!!!

First of all, nice pics of the engine!!!!
Second will a supercharger from HPS fit on my 1999 C-280 and what's the most HP I can put on?

Thanks

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Nice Man!!!!

First of all, nice pics of the engine!!!!
Second will a supercharger from HPS fit on my 1999 C-280 and what's the most HP I can put on?

Thanks
Thanks for the quick "Hello" I'm not sure why don't you check HPS website.

[8D]

·
Registered
2008 E350 AMG Sport Package, P2
505 Posts
Have u race anyone yet...

Im assuming you have around 425HP in that car. Have you race anyone yet? Im sure you can beat a stock mustang and yet, neck to neck with a Corvette. Just wondering? :) Anyways I saw the website and all they have is for the C43. I see other companies they can upgrade the C-280 around 280HP [:(] That's weak. I want something like around 350HP+ or maybe i need to trade in my C-280 to a C43 or the awesome C32. What do u suggest buddy

later

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
Kleemann are the forerunners on V6 kompressors (or an MB package off the C32.
In reality ...

Kleemann are the forerunners on V6 kompressors (or an MB package off the C32.
In reality it should return about 300hp. More than enough for a 202.

You would get nothing but trouble if you had 350 hp - unless you drastically modified the tyre width which would go over the top MB spec requiring body mods, not to mention the braking set up.

As it is you will definitely need C36 brakes with a kompressor, the std 280 ones are not good with that sort of power...

·
Registered
1999 C43
6 Posts
To make room for the supercharger, it's obvious that the air cleaner coweling cover w/AMG ...

To make room for the supercharger, it's obvious that the air cleaner coweling cover w/AMG moniker has been replaced. I think this is a great look, much better that stock. Did HPS furnish and install them, or did they come from MB?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: To make room for the supercharger, it's obvious that the air cleaner coweling cover w/

To make room for the supercharger, it's obvious that the air cleaner coweling cover w/AMG moniker has been replaced. I think this is a great look, much better that stock. Did HPS furnish and install them, or did they come from MB?
That's the Mercedes "single input" engine cover. There are basically three engine cover/airbox styles by Mercedes. One is a single input, as used by HPS. This is commonly used on the ML430 so that the airbox can fit to the side of the engine. It has the distinction of having the engine cover and airbox separate, so that one can use the engine cover and put on a different airbox (or supercharger). Then there is a dual filter/dual input, used on most of the other cars (CLK430, G500, etc.). Finally there is the AMG style, which is like a dual-input but uses slightly larger filters and different styling.

Not sure if the cover was supplied by HPS for this model (I bet it was though), but you can buy it at your local dealership if you ever want to do your own intake plumbing. So in a way, it is still "stock"!

-s-

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: To make room for the supercharger, it's obvious that the air cleaner coweling cover w/AMG

Hello . it was included in the price.

[:)]

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: To make room for the supercharger, it's obvious that the air cleaner coweling cover w/AMG

[:)]

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
C43, E320, G500
67 Posts
HPS Supercharger for C43

The most important question is would a car with HPS supercharger beat a new BMW M3 or M5 on 0-60 and 1/4 mile? If so, I would definitely get my C43 supercharged. I would just love to show the young bucks driving the new M3s who thinks the M3s can smoke any cars out there.

·
Registered
S 55
25 Posts
HPS Supercharger

Hey Mike,
I'm looking into getting an HPS supercharger for my CLK430 and am wondering if you had any issues with your supercharger or HPS since it's installation. Thanks.

BTW,
Your car looks great.
(At least from what I've seen
in the forum).

Mike

·
Registered
98 mecedes c43
69 Posts
Re: HPS Supercharger for C43

The most important question is would a car with HPS supercharger beat a new BMW M3 or M5 on 0-60 and 1/4 mile? If so, I would definitely get my C43 supercharged. I would just love to show the young bucks driving the new M3s who thinks the M3s can smoke any cars out there.
Well the new M3's stock are not really fast as i have raced 3 or them and they were only about 2-1/2 to 3 cars on front of me i guess if you have 100 extra hp you would defently beat them. a fast stock car that i was imprested by was the BMW M-Roadster.

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: HPS Supercharger

Hey Mike,
I'm looking into getting an HPS supercharger for my CLK430 and am wondering if you had any issues with your supercharger or HPS since it's installation. Thanks.

BTW,
Your car looks great.
(At least from what I've seen
in the forum).

Mike
Hello there, no problems so far

[:)] Why don't you give me a call at 360-651-8765 for any more questions. So you can hear it from the horses mouth. :)

·
Registered
1999 C43
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: HPS Supercharger for C43

Well the new M3's stock are not really fast as i have raced 3 or them and they were only about 2-1/2 to 3 cars on front of me i guess if you have 100 extra hp you would defently beat them. a fast stock car that i was imprested by was the BMW M-Roadster.
I beat a M3 by at least 3 cars lengths on the 91 freeway three weeks ago when I was visiting friends in Orange County. The young kid had no clue what he got himself into. I loved it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts