Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up in a little accident last week during my holiday in Germany. Silly situation, not worth describing. My adversary sustained some damage, all I had to do is to reposition the bumper on the mounting slot holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
'94 G350TDL
304 Posts
Your pic reminds me of my G's bumper when I bought it. The former owner might have experienced similar accident and either he or the dealer did not reposition the bumper. It looked a little unbalanced, so I adjusted it by myself.

·
Registered
300GD 500SL 300E
232 Posts
This is a good reason to get the ARB Bumper

·
Registered
1998 Puch G320 V6
196 Posts
Yours is the 3rd front bumper accident posted on the board in the last 2 weeks (mine sadly was the first)- I'm not sure if it's significant in terms of superstition or it's a sign we're slipping for topics- which reminds me I got the perfect cup holder [:p] (somewhat seriously- i'll post a pic in the morrow.)

m

·
Registered
280 GE / 1980
458 Posts
4x4rancher - 5/15/2005 3:54 PM

I know land is tight in Holland, but why do you allways park your G in a ditch.[:)]
A good reason could be bcs he has a G wagen that can park in a ditch and leave the parking space for the many many others that can't .

J W ,

I bet the passat driver was saying why didn't you pick someone from your own size [;)].

I am glad the damage is minor , I really like your truck .

ReG ,

Shebl

·
Registered
G560, GSR 500
190 Posts
jan willem,

sorry about the hassle.
and let me say clearly: it's good that you're making your holiday in germany (that helps our impoverished economy and although you're dutch, you're not blocking our highways with a campercaravan ) and therefore you're more than wellcome.

BUT, if you allowe me to ask: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN MINDEN ???? there are surely much nicer places in germany than this "german-dead-end" near porta westfalica. i'm not wondered you got into an accident there, even i don't go there by car cause it's just to dangerous. those bumkins just don't know how to drive. don't go there anymore...
... come more often to bavaria [:D]

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flo,

I was not in Minden (actually have never been there) but I agree with your qualifications.

I was visiting the Odenwald where I lived for 1.5 years and still have some good friends.

Speaking of Bavaria: I will be in Munich again next week Tuesday thru Friday. Are your G's driveable right now [:D]

[Missing "ditchin' my G" picture]

JW

·
Registered
280 GE / 1980
458 Posts
jwmol - 5/25/2005 12:15 PM

[Missing "ditchin' my G" picture]

JW
J W ,

Ditch it back [;)] , it is a lovely sight to see .

Shebl

·
Registered
G560, GSR 500
190 Posts
jwmol - 5/25/2005 6:15 AM

Flo,
Are your G's driveable right now [:D]
but of course, NOT. [B)]

i'm arround next week, and get new axles from graz delivered on monday. so if you're bored, you can help me to put those in. [;)]

honestly, i'm arround and happy to go out on a beer except for tuesday.

more on email.
flo

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
yep ;) i called that compnay that made the springs for chuck on friday. they have not gotten back to me.

·
Registered
1996 G300TD
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kerr,

Be careful with the springs. The specs from Chuck are not complete. If I were you I would buy a set from Europe. I guess the best source is http://www.g-center.nl. The have springs that match the weight of the truck, the required lift and the desired spring characteristics.

I have tuned it all right now, but I had to chop up the front springs with is not ideal since the springs do not seat correctly.

JW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts