Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 S500/ 97 C230
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 S500 and I have yet to locate the orgin of this problem. I've taken it to the dealership here in OKC two times already and now it's going for the thrid time in forty-five days. The dealership has replaced the "Fuel Sending unit" (the first time). And the second time they just blamed it on the fuel cap not being tight enough or filling up while the engine was on.

Has anyone came across this problem before? Thanks in advance. I'm new and I love this site verey informative!

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Next time will you ask them to give you a printout of the diagnostic codes. Do you have a digital or a ano speedo. There is a set of self test procedures that you can perform..

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
I've never heard of the low fuel lamp blinking. I'm assuming you mean the fuel gauge is blinking.

Is there anything in the owner's manual about a blinking lamp?

As Merc600sec says, a check engine lamp almost always means there is a stored fault code which can be read by any OBDII code reader. This is where I would start. Google OBDII or OBD2 for more info about the on board diagnostic system. Code readers are available for about US$80 up to several hundred dollars.

Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts