Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 G63 AMG (Past: 2007 G55 AMG)
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my entire life I've never driven a vehicle that was not either made by GM, Ford or AM General. However, I have bought my wife a S500 and a GL450 over the last 8 yearsTwo days ago I grew tired of driving my 09' H2 and decided to look for something different. I wanted somthing still off road capable (which I RARELY do, just like to know I can) and since my wife was already driving a 2011 RR HSE I decided to look at the G-Wagons. When I went to the Mercedes dealership I first test drove a 2008 G500. I wasn't blown away, it was very cool looking and nice, but drove similar to my H2 slow, but powerful. I was still about to pull the trigger, but then decided to at least test drive the 2007 G55 AMG. One test drive and it was coming home with me, no question about it. I've been through some nice Wagons over the years, but this baby takes the cake. Just feels like a tank that drives like a sports car! Amazing.

Anyways, glad I found this site, especially since I know very little about G wagons and it looks like parts and accessories are going to be hard to find. I already made my first mistake putting regular unleaded in it, whoops. That leads me to my first question. The manual says a minimum of 91 ocatane, is that okay or should I really be using Premium? Also, is this ful tank of regular I have in there now going to mess anything uP?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
You should use premium. Add a bottle of fuel addative to the tank of fuel you have now and it will raise the octane slightly, you may get some misfires but it should not do any real damage, it may also put the check engine light on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts