Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010 E350 Coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 51 years of having and knowing about cars, and hot rods, I got to a point in my 66 year life to buy the car that I feel is the best engineered and built automobile in the World, Mercedes Benz. I purchased this 2008 E 350 Sport package with 18" 10-twin spoke wheels, Avant Garde package, 952 Sportline package, 80v Speed and Load Index, Premium I package with Navigation, heated front seats. It's Iridium gray metallic exterior in color with Cashmere interior & Burl Walnut trim, 23,800 miles. After only two days I'm still over the moon. Love the suspension fee drivingl in Sport mode and the hunkered down stance. Got LoJack with it too.

This is quite a different experience driving this car, and it's more than I expected. :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic, 1991 300SL, 2004 Volvo V70 titainium edition
109 Posts
Congrats and good for you. I finally realized about 8 yrs ago that Mercedes is the true "Ultimate Driving Machine" after owning hot rods and souped up 4x4s. I love my '08 E350 4Matic!

·
Registered
1976 Rover Mini; 2003 Z06; 2011 smart fortwo Passion
167 Posts
Good for you; I'd say we got our first M-B last month except we've had smart fortwo's since April 08. :)

·
Registered
2010 E350 Coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was also looking at a 18,500 mile 2009 E 350 Sport but it was black with the black interior with the dark gray burl and no Navigation, did have AMG 5 spoke wheels though. I kept looking back at the 08 Indium exterior, tan interior with the brighter/natural burl trim and went with it. In 2008 both the Iridium gray metallic exterior color and the natural burl trim were not brought forward.

I wonder if there's a web site where I could do a search for how many E 350's with the Indium ext color and tan interior with natural burl trim were sold in the United States for 2008? :dunno:

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
I was also looking at a 18,500 mile 2009 E 350 Sport but it was black with the black interior with the dark gray burl and no Navigation, did have AMG 5 spoke wheels though. I kept looking back at the 08 Indium exterior, tan interior with the brighter/natural burl trim and went with it. In 2008 both the Indium exterior color and the natural burl trim were not brought forward.

I wonder if there's a web site where I could do a search for how many E 350's with the Indium ext color and tan interior with natural burl trim were sold in the United States for 2008? :dunno:
I could give you the numbers for AMG E Class cars sold in the US, but not broken down by color. So I'm guessing it'll be hard to get the figures on production runs of the basic E Class. This is always difficult info to get. You can try asking at the MBCA. And the factory does keep records but sometimes that info is also spotty. I've tried to track down numbers of special colors of certain Porsche models in the past and pretty much gave up even with help from the PCA. You could also try contacting the MB Classic Center in Irvine, CA.

fyi, the 2009 models have the new COMAND system which is light years better then the previous system (it's hard drive based and has true VC that actually works; it's basically the same system on the latest W212 E Class cars.) But without Nav, it's not worth it, imho.

It sounds like your color choice was the primary deciding factor. Again, congrats and have fun!

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
Good for you... I also realized my dream but i went with a 2006 E350 4Matic :) Age is only but a number .. im 22 :):) Congrats again :) i love the car and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
2010 E350 Coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went and peeked into the garage this Christmas morning and low and behold, a Mercedes Benz E 350 Sport was still there so I guess I'm not dreaming. My wonderful wife also put a red bow in front of the hood emblem on it. :thumbsup:

Thanks 6.2 AMG for the info. Yes, the exterior color and great match to the interior tan color and natural burl wood trim put it over the top. Would've been nice with the black 09 but with no Navigation I didn't want it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Congrats, better late than never. I hope you have a long journey ahead with this and other MBs to follow. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2010 E550 4Matic P2, Pano, Parktronic, driver assist(wife)
159 Posts
You did well and worth the wait. MB takes it's knocks, but when these cars are running well there is nothing like it and this forum can help you sort out most issues you may experience down the road. Good motoring to you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 E500 4 Matic
89 Posts
I wish I had the Palm Tree option.... We are scheduled to get hit by a Blizzard today. Best of Luck !

·
Registered
Volvo S80, E550 4Matic
239 Posts
I wish I had the Palm Tree option.... We are scheduled to get hit by a Blizzard today. Best of Luck !
I think that's what the 4Matic opion is for :)

They have seen saying the sky is falling in the DC area for the last couple of days only to now expect 1-2 inches of snow. Good luck with the storm up there!

·
Registered
2000 E320 Original Owner 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet
179 Posts
Great looking car, enjoy!

·
Registered
2010 E350 Coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took an 800 mile round trip with it this last weekend to San Diego, CA and back to Las Vegas/Henderson, NV. What a pleasurable drive. I stopped a few times going to San Diego but coming back home I drove for 3.5 hours and when we stopped and got out of the car it was like I hadn't been in a car. The multi selection drivers seat, the seat heater and the overall quality of the ride, used the Comfort mode down and Sport mode back home, made it the most enjoyable automobile ride I've ever had. Even got a few waves from other M-B drivers. Not all of them, but a few. I used to have a 1998 C5 Corvette and the Corvette "Wave" is a big thing with the Vette crowd.

What a pleasant trip. Then today we received a box in the mail from the Dealer that had some nice goodies in it, metal M-B cooler cup, a couple luggage bag tags with the M-B emblem and a nice letter from the General Manager of the dealership. So far, this "Mercedes Benz" experience has been awesome. Also went to the dealership this afternoon and got a car wash. :D

Me Likey so far GI. :eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
Long trips are where these cars really excel. Glad to hear you had a safe and good one.

p.s., C and S mode don't change the suspension on the E350, it simply resets the shift points and starts the car out in 1st gear instead of 2nd. The tranny is adaptive and if you drive aggressively (higher rpms before shifting) it will remember that. Also if you're driving on the freeway and quickly need extra punch, then just hold the shifter to the left and it will automatically go into the optimum gear.

Anyway, you probably have already figured this stuff out, but they are the most frequent asked questions....

·
Registered
2007 E550, 2007 GL450
480 Posts
Congrats Mick, beautiful car! There's no going back now...;) I received my first Benz at 21, a gift from an Aunt. It was an antique 1971 250 sedan. I loved it and spent a lot of time and effort working on it. Almost 20 years later now and I've owned nothing else but Mercedes - they have all been fantastic cars. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2008 E 350 Sport
12 Posts
Congrats! Mine is black with the cashmere interior and black maple trim. This one did not come with a Nav system, but in the '08s it would be a CD based system anyway. It is wired for IPod which for me is a plus.
Got my smart phone and a big door pocket for maps...and cup holders.

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
Congrats! Mine is black with the cashmere interior and black maple trim. This one did not come with a Nav system, but in the '08s it would be a CD based system anyway. It is wired for IPod which for me is a plus.
Got my smart phone and a big door pocket for maps...and cup holders.
DVD based to be technically correct ;)

Nothing wrong with a DVD based nav system but the later (post 2008) systems are not only HDD but are light years better including VC that actually works. You also get a music register on the hard drive which means you can leave the iPod at home if you want.

Be aware that the iPod cable in the 2008 does not charge the iPod. Be sure to buy the adapter to allow for charging (may still not work depending on which generation of iPod you have....)

Instead of paper maps, get a handheld TomTom or Garmin and stick that in your big door pocket :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts