Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'89 260E
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought my first MB last weekend, and think these cars are just gorgeous.

I was going to get a W123 280CE, but this came along and just could not resist it. [:)]

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
'89 260E
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS. I tried posting this in the main picture thread, but failed with some sort of server timeout...

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
wow nice car. interior looks nice and clean.. except for that red thing in the front passanger seat leg space... [:0] take that out!

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
N8ice exterior color. As a matter of fact, that was the same color of my 300E before I had it repainted. Ohhh the memories [;)]
Be sure to keep it clean, and have those fluids flushed.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Why one of those German taxis? Those who asked you this are either very stupid or very uneducated.
The next time someone asks you that, ask them whether they thought why they were used as taxis in the first place. But do that only after you've punched'em in the nose first. [:D]

·
Registered
68 280 SEL, 89 300TE
906 Posts
lnkprksoldier - 4/4/2005 7:35 PM

wow nice car. interior looks nice and clean.. except for that red thing in the front passanger seat leg space... [:0] take that out!
...did you happen to notice where the steering wheel is located in this car? That's called a fire extinguisher and it is located there for quick and easy access in case of emergency... and unless you have really oddly shaped legs, it isn't usually in the way, most euro-spec or in this case Australian cars have those there and I think it makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
nice car! the updated wheels look good on it. as for the fire extinguisher -- it's good to have it handy, but may you never have to use it!!

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
I think the extinguisher is a PC move over in Europe or something. Car fires are for old Ford pintos. Maybe they are there because it can be used as a self defense tool since citizens dont have many rights to carry arms over there. To get back to topic, nice looking car. Good find[8D]

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Six_wheeler - 4/3/2005 6:09 AM

Why one of those German taxis? Those who asked you this are either very stupid or very uneducated.
The next time someone asks you that, ask them whether they thought why they were used as taxis in the first place. But do that only after you've punched'em in the nose first. [:D]
I disagree with part of what you're saying. Just because a car is used as a taxi doesn't mean it's a must-have. I've spent a lot of time in the back of NYC taxis and I'd be awfully mad at myself if I ever thought about even possibly buying a Crown Victoria lol. Everything else you said I agree with, however. [:D]

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
PB, you're right. But a 124 is no Crown Vic. For some reason, the Crown Vic (and several other US-badged rear-drive sedans, for that matter) are very popular here in Arabia. Now I don't know what the hell is wrong with Saudis, but they love'em! They are torquy, reliable cars, and their parts are dirt-cheap, but personally, I wouldn't want to be caught dead in a Crown Vic [:D]

Shady

·
BenzWorld W140 Host
W140 S 320 L & R129 500SL
1,918 Posts
Six_wheeler - 4/4/2005 4:10 AM

PB, you're right. But a 124 is no Crown Vic. For some reason, the Crown Vic (and several other US-badged rear-drive sedans, for that matter) are very popular here in Arabia. Now I don't know what the hell is wrong with Saudis, but they love'em! They are torquy, reliable cars, and their parts are dirt-cheap, but personally, I wouldn't want to be caught dead in a Crown Vic [:D]

Shady
Arabs like V8s.......[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
1993 320E 3.2 24v
129 Posts
grat car. looks very nice and clean.

[:D]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts