Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To a whole new world. I have been skateboarding since I was 7, and now at 35 my eyes have been opened to a whole new part of it. I took the girls sledding yesterday and a friend of mine, ( also my attorney) brought his 4 boys and his snow board. He is still learning and in between falls I took a turn. All the way down on my first try. After a few more runs we called it a day and took the kids home to get warmed up.
Three hours later I call him back to see what he is doing because I am the proud new owner of a Burton "Clash" snow board, Burton bindings, and some nice boots so I don't break my leg off at the ankle.
He was just finishing up watching a movie with the kids and met me back at the hill at 9:30 pm. We figured the cops would be by around 10:00 to tell us the park was closed but they never showed. We were out there till Midnight having a blast going off ramps and using the entire hill because there was not one other person out there.
He called me again today and we took the kids out for another four hours. I am a little sore but the smile on my face makes it all better.
If you have never tried it I suggest you do. Fly somewhere if you have no snow, it is worth it.:D

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
I mean this, of course, in the kindest possible terms. Snow is reprehensible enough on it's own; to strain one's self climbing up a hill, then fighting against gravity and physics on the way down, feet immobilized....loony. :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean this, of course, in the kindest possible terms. Snow is reprehensible enough on it's own; to strain one's self climbing up a hill, then fighting against gravity and physics on the way down, feet immobilized....loony. :D
Chicken. What are you worried about? Breaking a hip? Believe me I am no fan of being cold or snow but I am up here and don't have much of a choice. I am actually looking forward to more snow later in the week. From the end of my road we can see the private ski resort with all its lights on, and snow making machines running. Five year waiting list to get in. Might have to put money down this year. :D

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Chicken. What are you worried about? Breaking a hip? Believe me I am no fan of being cold or snow but I am up here and don't have much of a choice. I am actually looking forward to more snow later in the week. From the end of my road we can see the private ski resort with all its lights on, and snow making machines running. Five year waiting list to get in. Might have to put money down this year. :D
Doctor, my Eyes have seen the years and the slow parade of beers. :D

·
Moderately subtle
12,054 Posts
He just called you old, Q.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Snow boarding is fun, fun, fun. I like it a lot more than skiing.

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
mcbear said:
Snow boarding is fun, fun, fun. I like it a lot more than skiing.
See, to me, that's like saying "Snorting hot sauce is fun, fun, fun. I like it a lot more than taking a belt sander with 12 grit garnet paper to the underside of my cock."

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent fokes, I s'pose.

(Is that a BWOT record for apostrophes and 80's TV show references in a sentence shorter than 8 words? I think it is.)

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
See, to me, that's like saying "Snorting hot sauce is fun, fun, fun. I like it a lot more than taking a belt sander with 12 grit garnet paper to the underside of my cock."

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent fokes, I s'pose.

(Is that a BWOT record for apostrophes and 80's TV show references in a sentence shorter than 8 words? I think it is.)
I have only boarded a couple of times since I shattered my ankle and then broke it the second time. I had to be really careful. It is why I won't ski anymore.

Also, I don't do the suicide runs.

The question came up in the emergency room: "How can someone this old be this stupid?" The response across the table was "How can someone this stupid be this old?" And no, it wasn't me, that time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts