Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday February 25, 2003 I picked up my car at Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs Colorado. We arrived at Kleemann USA at 8:00am, a little earlier than we were expected. Brandon showed us his facilitates. My car was in the first bay with the hood up. A black ML with a Kleemann system and a MBZ G-wagon, filled the other two bays. I was like a kid in a candy store. There were new wheels in boxes and box’s of new parts all around. Brandon wanted to run one last diagnostic test on the car before we took the car. He asked me to pick out the Black Birds Eye Maple laminate for the gauges. He gave me about ten different samples to chose from. He also went over the installation of the new gauges with me.
The new Supercharger system was installed so discreetly that the average person will not even notice that there is anything different about the engine bay. Kleemann USA modifies a CLK430 engine cover so professionally that it looks factory. I carefully looked over the engine bay, everything looked as if Mercedes AMG did it at the factory.

After the diagnostic test Brandon wanted me to take it for a test drive.
I started the car and the first thing I noticed was the car had a deeper throatier exhaust sound. I don’t know why but it just sounded better. The car started right up no hesitation.
As I carefully backed out of the stall, I wondered for a moment if any thing had been done, it was so smooth and seamless. Then I remembered what I had gone through before. The car didn’t smell like exhaust fumes as it did before. There was no super charger whining. The car idled like a Mercedes Benz.

As I turned the wheel there wasn’t any growling or grinding noises, just normal engine noises. No surprises. Nothing that would indicate the car had been modified. There was no noticeable difference in the cars performance while backing out. I must have had an ear-to-ear smile on my face when Brandon got in the car. I then knew that the work that had been done, was done by experienced professionals. Brandon asked me to take the car down the highway. I eased on to the road and got the car up to about 40 MPH. The road was clear so I stepped on the accelerator firmly the car slid a little side ways before the ESP kicked in. I told Brandon, now that is nice HORSEPOWER!. I stepped on the accelerator a few more times so I could hear the exhaust and feel the power. We zipped down the road about 2 miles and came back. As I was going past his shop, my good friend Gary was out front. I wanted him to hear the car scream. I flew by at about 80 MPH. He said the car sounded awesome!

We turned around and came back to the shop to load it up, I was satisfied! In the drive way there was a manhole cover that was built up about 3-4 inches. I wanted to feel the suspension so I drove over it with the right front wheels. The car went over it like it was nothing, just a small bump in the road. I was thoroughly impressed with the car. It hadn’t lost any finesse or drivability. It was everything Kleemann said it would be. Increased Horsepower, smooth stable suspension system, professionally/ factory like installation. At this point I can’t say enough about how well I was taken care of by Kleemann. They did everything they said they would do. They met the time schedule that they quoted. And the performance is as stated. (I will have the car Dyno’d in California to verify the horsepower)
We loaded the car with Brandon’s help. Luckily Brandon noticed that my hitch ball was loose. He took it off and corrected it. Brandon helped tie the car down. This guy knows everything about these cars. The hidden “T� holes to tie down the car. And the correct way to load the car. And of coarse how to circumvent the alarm system, meaning after we had loaded and tied down the car and shrink-wrapped it to protected it from rocks and flying objects. We just started to pull away and the alarm went off. Oh heck I didn’t want to take off the shrink-wrap. Brandon told me to unlock the car open the door and don’t lock it and the alarm will not go off. That’s enough for now, I’ll write more about my driving experiences a little later. I'm very tired 2900 miles in three days is one heck of allot of driving.
I am one happy guy!
Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
clk55 2002
65 Posts
Do you work for Kleemann? One day you remove the HPS supercharger the next day you buy a Kleemann. How much of a kick back did you get old timmy?

I don't respect peoples hidden agenda and is why I challenge you!

[:eek:)]
[^][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
speedy69...watch it buddy

I dont think he works for Kleeman, and I think you should get an HPS charger and get f***ed. I dont have the extra cash to throw around on a charger, but with a 2002 clk55 you should. So why dont you go to HPS. Timster wants a fast car and obviously has the dough, so just dont talk about it. ALSO, if he did work for Kleemann, how large of an audience is he reaching by telling everyone hps f*****d up his car? You would reach a larger audience by putting an add in a Benz magazine for half the price. So speedy69, I think you should rethink ur comments.

Timster....your car looks amazing...im jealous

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CGMIKE10,
Thanks for the compliments on the car!
Tim

CGMIKE10,
Thanks for the compliments on the car!
Tim

·
Registered
clk55 2002
65 Posts
Re: speedy69...watch it buddy

I dont think he works for Kleeman, and I think you should get an HPS charger and get f***ed. I dont have the extra cash to throw around on a charger, but with a 2002 clk55 you should. So why dont you go to HPS. Timster wants a fast car and obviously has the dough, so just dont talk about it. ALSO, if he did work for Kleemann, how large of an audience is he reaching by telling everyone hps f*****d up his car? You would reach a larger audience by putting an add in a Benz magazine for half the price. So speedy69, I think you should rethink ur comments.

Timster....your car looks amazing...im jealous

Why don't you grow up? Its obvisously no dough = no performance = jealous man. . . . anyway I'm leaning with Renntech! Let me guess my car will blow up too?

[:eek:)]

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
not jealous of you speedy

Speedy, since you have a clk55 amg 2002 and your so conceited about it? can we see a picture, with apiece of paper that says this is mine so we really know its yours you conceited, conceited person who probably inherited all his money.

·
Registered
1998 CLK320
89 Posts
speedy wats the matter?

YO speedy, all this talk and still no pics of the car? Quick talker arent ya. Does it make you feel bigger when you talk?

·
Registered
clk55 2002
65 Posts
Re: speedy wats the matter?

YO speedy, all this talk and still no pics of the car? Quick talker arent ya. Does it make you feel bigger when you talk?

Stop being jealous because I have a AMG55 and you don't!
[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

·
Registered
C32
7 Posts
You know, Speedy, you got flamed off the MBWorld boards 'cause you obviously had some af...

You know, Speedy, you got flamed off the MBWorld boards 'cause you obviously had some affiliation with the *other* supercharger manufacturer, and now you take it here.

Tim didn't make any references to any other vendors, but expressed his satisfaction with Kleeman. Why on earth would you try to start this again? You have ZERO credibility on the other boards, and you're making an outstanding effort to blow it here as well.

·
Registered
clk55 2002
65 Posts
Re: You know, Speedy, you got flamed off the MBWorld boards 'cause you obviously had some af

You know, Speedy, you got flamed off the MBWorld boards 'cause you obviously had some affiliation with the *other* supercharger manufacturer, and now you take it here.

Tim didn't make any references to any other vendors, but expressed his satisfaction with Kleeman. Why on earth would you try to start this again? You have ZERO credibility on the other boards, and you're making an outstanding effort to blow it here as well.

yeah right that is why i'm going with Renntech? Order going to be placed for suspension brakes chip and s/c. will you stop? i have the right to voice my thoughts. my ? for you is why do you debate with me for going with Renntech? Are you affiliatied with kleemann. R U timster using a different screen name? 3 posts huh???

By the way big guy never been on mbworld.

Pictures of speedy69 cLk55 coming soon!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts