Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was just looking around, and i saw a SEC, with an engine that had two black parts(look at the red arrow). One on each side of the engine. Mine is a 500SEC. is it supposed to be like tt? MRTINKET is urs like mine too?

Attachments

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
560's had air intake tubes on both sides, as well as post-1986 500's. Pre-1986 500's only had one.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Would there be any way of incorporating 2 air intakes on my 380 and would there be much difference?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
joelsec - 4/6/2005 9:11 AM

hi, i was just looking around, and i saw a SEC, with an engine that had two black parts(look at the red arrow). One on each side of the engine. Mine is a 500SEC. is it supposed to be like tt? MRTINKET is urs like mine too?
Yes, my 1985 SEC has one hose, but I intend toi swap it for the dual snorkel 560 set-up. First, it can only help improve breathing and secondly, I think it looks cool. I was also thinking of changing all the hoses and fitting under the hood to aero quipt braided stainless encased hosing w/anodized polished connectors. All my muscle cars had these things done and the engine bays looked pretty exciting.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Yes, the only purpose it sevres according to the WIS is perfomance improvement. Doesn't say how much, but every little bit helps! I've also found you can pick up a HP or two by adjusting your EHA a little bit richer then stock.

Jonathan

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! great job jako! your engine bayy actually looks quite "loaded" hahah. Its like for me, when i drove my car to the fuel station to buy engine oil, all the pump atendents were looking at my car, and were sooo excited to seee the engine. And when i popped the hood, you could slowly see the excitement disappearing from their faces. I think urs would be cool! mines too empty. So what i did was got in. Step a little on the accelerator pedal, and on the engine, and tt got them quite amazed! hahah! small engine HUGE POWER!

·
BenzWorld W140 Host
W140 S 320 L & R129 500SL
1,918 Posts
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
(Black, Leather seats)

Full options,ABS,LSD,power sunroof, power seats, power windows, power seatbelts, Air pump seat locks, cruise control, dual climate control, tinted v-kool windows, Sony Amps, Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 52 with digital radio, mp3,SDcard reader ,Blaupunkt 10 disc
Off topic-Sd card reader?Your unit can use the SD card?.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I do the same thing to my 560's.. A can of Mother's and a good terrycloth towel.. 45-60 minutes later I have a Very sharp looking air box lid:)

Jonathan

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
does chrome polish work?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Never tried steel wool... I just make sure the top surface of the air cleaner is clean (usally wash it in the sink..) and then start polishing w/ a nice towel and polish..:)

Jonathan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts