Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have changed wheels again. I think I am now done. You can go to the gallery at this site (W210- Vic55) or hit the link below.<p>tmspxy02.toyota.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks very cool! Did you not like the Brabus rims? Any difference in performance?<p>adsl-209-232-187-56.health-law.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Performance is neglible at best- The BBS are more racy- works better with the spoiler-

How are the changes you made with h-r springs and bilsteins sport shocks and pads working for you? Is the ride fairly rough? New Orleans has really bad roads and occasionally the stock suspension feels harsh.Is the steering quicker? are you using dunlops or michelins?<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...

Here in California the roads that I drive on daily are fine. I love the suspension- firm and responsive but not hard like a sled. I really like it over the factory AMG setup plus the cosmetics of a lowered car are awesome. I feel the stock gap between the wheels are too much also. <br> <br> My parents lived in Slidell for 10 years so I know the New Orleans' roads fairly well and I went there often. I would still change my suspension out. I know the roads downtown might be poor but the suspension (H&R's with Bilstein Sports) can handle it with ease. I also have 19 inch wheels so my ride is even more harsh than that of a lowered E55 with factory Monoblocks.<p>tmspxy04.toyota.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Well...

I spoke to hr and they said they use the kit for the 430, part #29724-2 which they list for 369 and tire rack sells at 260, which seems strange.<br> I tried to check if AMG has upgrades but couldn't really get to them. When I called mbusa they recommended RennTech and the guy I spoke to there described some truly involved and expensive modifications to the rear frame with different linkages before they would even change the springs and shocks.Do you think the larger tires account for the better handling or is it mostly suspension changes?<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The tires that I have are the same width in MM as the factory set up just a lower profile (245 Fronts and 275 rears). The H&R price is right- you never want to get the springs from them as they sell them for full markup and the part is correct too (E430 Spring). I looked into the Euro AMG set up but it was way too pricey and doesnt drop the car enough- I just couldnt justify the money on that. The suspension makes the difference in the car too- since the tires are not any wider.<p>we-24-130-121-36.we.mediaone.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

h&r packages the springs with Konis. Did you consider them?Does lowering the car create a need to adjust the self leveling feature of the lights?<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Stewart... my lights adjusted to the lowering and still are level within specs.

did you consider konis or toxico shocks?<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you post a picture of the back of the car with a full shot of the wing? I can just see a corner of it in one of the pix.<br> <br> Maybe 2 angles?<br> <br> Where did you get the wing and how much $$?<br> <br> Thanks!<p>nic-c31-064.mw.mediaone.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the best one I have....

I got the wing at CEC in Santa Monica. It's made by Lorinser and costs about 750 paint and install included.<br> <p>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts