Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My E50 transmission

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Donzi38 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody

I have a problem with my 1997 E50 AMG
the gear is starting to fail ,when it's changing from 2 to 3 and from 3 to 4 it holds up and then it changes the gear strongly , now I want to ask if there is an orginal E50 AMG manal gear and Is it recommended ??

By the way I'm In KSA

I really need your usual help

Thank u

#3 ·
Hey, Strainger. Please take a minute to click the User CP link and complete your BW profile re: vehicle and location as that is often useful information.

I would chime in with the service noted above, except that while they have the pan off have them replace the pressure regulator spring noted in this thread, as that is probably the root cause of your problem: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1419452-transmission-woes-dealer-needed.html

Have the adapter/connector replaced during the service as well because that is a known source of leaks, the connector and it's replacement are discussed here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w21...mission-fluid-leak-connector.html#post2809739

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#5 ·
If you mean a manual transmission swap, I don't think one was fitted to the W210 AMG models. My guess is you don't have a serious trans problem, tend to the items I noted in my earlier post, that's a few hundred bucks (depending on where you are, PLEASE complete your BW profile!) and you should be fine. Re-engineering the car to use a manual transmission would cost you more than a replacement automatic even if yours was shot.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#6 ·
looking at a rebuild

If you have lots money or your handy, or you know someone. I have seen 540i 6-speed trannys put in W210s. Your probelm will require a tranny rebuild. Mine did the same thing, it was about 1200 EURO all total to fix, not too bad. Get it rebuilt immedeatly, if you wait too long your looking at a new tranny which is 3-5k EURO +...... USED.

#7 ·
I have 1997 AMG E50 JAPAN in riyadh KSA

My gearbox oil have mixed with water that coming rusted internal

And now over 5 month I can't find replacement gear assembly I have tried replacing 3 with 21,20 ,26 number but it keep on 3th gear all time

Can't fix it so manual gear box will be best solution

Thanks to all

Eng.moataz othman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.