Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1990 420 SEL, 1990 560sel, 1991 300e
353 Posts
I have always had a soft spot for Bentleys. Ive always loved the continental GT. A month ago I saw a 2004 Arnage, and that first impression always lingered in my mind. All the 98-04 Arnage have the same body style, the honey comb grill, and diamond embroidered seats have always been my favourite features of the car.. Plus they don't seem to have as strong of a "look at me $$$$$$" vibe that RR's have.

Reactions: mclare

·
Registered
Too many to list
10,815 Posts
The diamond stitch seats are only in the arnage T

The arnage green label and red label have channel pleat seats that look like those in the 1990s Chrysler 300m (the one before the 300c in the front wheel drive platform )

·
Registered
1990 420 SEL, 1990 560sel, 1991 300e
353 Posts
Yes it was a Arnage T that I saw.

After a quick search, you are dead on about the pleated seats on the regular version. Almost identical to the LH 300m seats. lol

Most of the continental gt's for sale up here have the diamond stitch seats that I love the look of.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
That just proves to me that if you give them enough money, they'll do anything.....

·
Registered
1988 560SEC Euro Clone Lorinser Clone
1,572 Posts
On his short-lived TV show, host / car guy / comedian Adam Carolla called the 2003+ Continental GT "The Camry of Beverly Hills" . I live / work in the area and I agree with his assessment (ex-the Speed).

Now the 1991-2002 R, S and T cars are another story.... Particularly the T with it's 4 in shorter wheelbase and ground-pounding 685 ft-lbs (or so) of torque... If I'm correct. the T also has the iconic machined aluminum dash and the red push-button start button. Mulliner Widebody edition = Bucket list car for sure

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Reactions: wooky_chew_bacca

·
Registered
WHEELER DEALER WIDEBODY 500SEC, 1971 280 SL,1994 sl320,1984 Euro AMG 500sec, 1990 Euro 560sec Yakuza
502 Posts
Shocked

I have been off the forum for awhile , I am so shocked that this car is still not tooling around sunny California. I hope you find something that brings you an equal amount of enjoyment and pride.
Bob

·
Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,152 Posts
I did not have Haggardy because the car had a salvage title thanks to Dragi not telling me at the time of sale.

The body shop hasn't even finished the estimate completely yet, but they are already over ten grand. The value may be half that. I have not talked to them yet.

The vultures are already starting to circle (And I myself am a Vulture!) though as I am getting PM's asking me about parts.

I will say this: A LOT of people here over the years have helped me along the way to get my car to where it was, and I consider them my friends. Several of you called me everyday when I was doing the rebuild, and you know you you are. (Mark, Jon, David, a couple of others) and they will have first crack at the parts, since they got them for me.

I wouldn't mind selling my SEL and SEC together, along with my entire garage and side yard full of parts. Anyone that's been to my house can attest to how much I have. It sure would make life easier.

Good luck with the sale of the parts etc... I have been getting rid of 126 coupe parts off of mosby and R107 parts. Once they are all gone or I get sick of selling the parts the 2 hulls will roll off to the JY.

Good luck on the overseas job search, I have a few feelers out there for some positions in Germany and back at the Pentagon, and just waiting on final decisions. If you want a rolling hull you can have mosby.

if you need any help just call.

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Oh, ok. But still...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hey friend, sorry to hear about your coupe. The important thing is that you're okay. Nine years ago a teenage girl in Tacoma rear ended my little Porsche when I was stationed at McChord. It was a sad day when they deemed it totaled. I know she was distracted on the phone but there was no way to prove it.

·
Registered
92 300CE/1996 mustang cobra (supercharged)/12 Civic/15 F150/04 F150 mud truck
8,116 Posts
them ?

That just proves to me that if you give them enough money, they'll do anything.....
whats the meaning of this comment?
if you give them - as it rich people ? as in Bentley ?
clarify your position,
:|

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Bentleys bespoke division will do almost anything the client desires as far as customization
Yes, this is what I meant.

Why?

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
Hey Mike
I remember when you joined the forum and I always liked you for who you are.
Then you made this incredible car that now looks like is gone, you had provided so much incredible information over the years.
I am thankful for that so I really thank you from the bottom of my heart for the contribution you made here.
You are one of the guys (including Kim) that I wish I would be closer to.
You know how it is, one door shuts and an other opens.
I don't really care if you buying a Trabant or a Bentley as long as I see your post here.
Whish you all the best what ever you decide to do brother :)

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.