Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430 Cabriolet
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the pump too drained to open the top. The problem is that I can't get the hydraulics to unlatch the part that is leaking that releases the rear window section. The car still thinks that the top is open so the trunk release inside the car and on the remote key doesn't work. Now check this out. The manual button to open the trunk doesn't work either. I think it's a bad tumbler because when I turn the key and manually push the button in it doesn't open. That tumbler push button is $304. :eek::crybaby2: So this is my question: Has anyone ever had to have that lock drilled out? Because it's the only way to get in the trunk to get to the hydraulic cylinder operating the latch. I thought I could bypass by disconnecting the battery but as we all know the damn battery is in the trunk.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
To unlock the trunk manually: while inserting the key push the lock in and turn it to the left about 1/4 turn. Key needs to remain in the lock. Try this a few times, it should release. It may also release easier if your car is unlocked... the doors that is. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
Also, do you have the owner's manual that tells you how to manually work the soft top with the open-end wrench?

·
Registered
CLK 430 Cabriolet
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for that info. Yeah, I have the manual but my first attempt is getting the rear window section of the top to open. You see the hydraulic fluid is at the level where it's not circulating through the lines. The latching mechanism which is hydraulic can't let the rear part of the top unlock.

So you say I have to put the key in, push the button in and then turn the key 1/4 to the left?

I will try that once I return home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts