Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just got a CLK-430 around a month ago and thought I should share some pics of what I have done this far. [:D]

Upgrades:

Completed
Kenwood Navigation System with DVD, CD Changer, and Sirrius Satelite radio
Kenwood Amp (700 Watts - Pwr not being used right now)
12" Sub
AMG Chrome Emblems
AMG Floor Mats
V8 Chrome Emblem
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
Windows Tinted to 15%

Installing tomorrow morning
19" AMG Style Rims Staggered
19x9.5 Rear
19x8.5 Front
Brand new Michellin Pilots PS2 all around
265/30/19 - Rear
245/35/19 Front

Planned Upgrades for the rest of the summer:
Powerchip ECU Upgrade
Exhaust
New HPS Supercharger for CLK-430
Complete the sound system upgrade so Amp can be configured correctly.

Enjoy and Cheers, [8D]

Frankie
Your text hereYour text hereYour text hereYour text here

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
Nice and clean. We have the same stereo. What else have you done besides tint and V8 badges

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Castorpimp,
Mods listed on original posting. I think I was still posting at the same time that you were checking it out. By the way, where did you get your side markings, exhaust, and K&N stuff?

By the way I see u from No Va. I am in MD.

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
ha i must have jumped the gun. i got the k and n and side markers from e v o sport.com. exhaust i bought used off a 2001 clk55. i've been thinking of getting the eibach kit since it does not lower the car as much as h and r. let me know if you have any camber/ tire wear issues. wear did you get your amg floor mats? check the events section there is a meet for md/va in tysons friday you should come out

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Friday I will be at Ocean City MD Golfing, however, if it takes place every Friday, I will plan on attending next Friday. I got the mats from a guy on Ebay. They are pretty nice. Cost me around $60.00 + s/h. I will let you know if any issues but I doubt it will. I took it to a shop that knew what they were doing. they removed the electronic suspension before removing OEM springs and then once new ones were installed everything was tuned, aligned, and balanced. Of course cost was outrageous $700.00 labor, but what's the point of cutting corners if things go wrong later right? I figure, I bought this car knowing nothing is cheap for it.

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Frankiev,

Love the wheels you chose, will look real agressive. I also like the stereo, I am almost thinking of now upgrading my kenwood 911dvd player to the newer 915, but I love your install, very clean.

·
Registered
CLK 430
29 Posts
frankiev - 4/29/2005 8:35 PM

Hi Everyone,
I just got a CLK-430 around a month ago and thought I should share some pics of what I have done this far. [:D]

Planned Upgrades for the rest of the summer:
Powerchip ECU Upgrade
Exhaust
New HPS Supercharger for CLK-430
Complete the sound system upgrade so Amp can be configured correctly.

Enjoy and Cheers, [8D]

Try www.s p e e d t u n i n g u s a.com for your ECU upgrade. I'm getting an SC from House of Power in July.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
is house of power cheaper than HPS?

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Nice ride bro. Looks like once you get those wheels on our rides are gonna be twins...almost. [;)]

·
Premium Member
CLK / ML
4,077 Posts
Very nice,

It looks we have the same wheels, radio/nav.

Anyway about the wheels

If it is the same, and the front is +38, you will need a 3mm spacer to put the center cap in.

Also the front tire you chose is too big. You will rub if you lower it.

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,290 Posts
Whats the cost on the dvd nav? i have been thinking of removing the factory unit for a while,
PS, nice pic Phade LMAO

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LorinserCLK55DTM,
Thanks much. I think it looks so clean for two reasons. One, is that it is a perfect fit. I definately recommend this unit. Second, the guys that did it are good. I had to pay a little more than other places I looked at but, well worth it.

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
grantwTXCLK,
Thanks much, will check it out. Not familiar with them but I will look. Also, not sure what you speaking of re bumper. Not sure what you see in pic, but it muust be the pic. Checked car out and all o.k. If i am missing sometheing please let me know and either way, thanks for looking out. [:D]

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BrooklynCLK,
Thanks Bro and Ditto of course. By the way I should not neglect to mention that I did use yours as a model for some of the things I wanted to do (lowering, type of tims and size, window tint). That is how I found the wheels. Wanted similar look from wheels with deeper dish for added aggressiveness in the look. [:D]

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Frank,
Holy smokes, those rims when mounted look much better than I could have ever wanted. Even when I bought them, I was shocked at how much better they look in person. The pics really do not do them justice. I was very pleased when I received them and saw them in person for the first time.

The install did not happen as planned due to the spacer requirements. I did not know and did not purchase, so now I am trying to find. Where did you buy them? The shop told me I needed 1/4" to celar and 3mm are half of that. Was thinking about buying two sets of 3mm just in case one is not sufficient. Do you also have the Eibach Pro Kit? Wondering if the shop eyebald the space requirement a little wrong.

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
snakoiler,
My Nav with DVD and Kenwood CD Changer installed cost me $3,500.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts