Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 S500, 99 G320, 99 C280 Sport
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out yesterday that my car was broken into while at my friends customizing shop. The little pricks who did it grabbed everything that wasn't fastened including my Momo Olympic steering wheel which was going to be installed. On top of that the tried to pry the trunk open with I can only imagine and ruined a brand new paint job that was a month old and took all the amplifiers that were in there.
So now I'm back to square one with my steering wheel dilema. I've seen a handful of you who have installed wheels from other models. The one that caught my eye is a steering wheel from a 99ish E55 into a 124 sedan. So what I am wondering is this a direct swap? Is the wiring the same?
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
oh noes!! say it aint so! i hope you get all that stuff/or money back :( and do you have any pictures ? i feel sorry for you buddy. i always worry about my car when im asleep. the first week i owned it, i didn't get much sleep. every little creek i woke up, grabbed my bat, and ran outside. only to find out it was only the wind.

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
[V]
Bummer.

There are so few 300CE CVs like ours (766, to be exact) that I feel bad when any of them get damaged. I hope you or the shop have insurance.

One thing I learned long ago about owning a ragtop is to leave it unlocked without anything worth stealing in it. My 1967 Fiat Dino Spyder (Ferrari V6, etc.) had its top slashed so the motherf***ers could steal the Blaupunkt audio system and amps. The only drawback to leaving that car unlocked for many years after was the time a drunk puked in it.

Cheers!
Dave

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
god damn crook's
I bet it was some punk ass amature kids.

Joey sorry to hear that buddy but I my self went through the same thing just last summer.

·
Registered
94 S500, 99 G320, 99 C280 Sport
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks boys,
The kicker is that my car insured under our business fleet insurance and the deductible is $1000. The damage is border line whether to go through insurance or not. My buddy's going to fix the bodywork (I think he feels a little bad about it happening at his shop)plus he has to spray the Wald kit that's going on it, and as for the rest of the stuff there's about $1500 I've lost. So when you factor the deductable and what the insurance is going to increase, it's not worth filing a claim.
As for pics I haven't taken any yet. I'll post some later. But I'm more eager to put pics of the car finished.
Anybody have any insight into the steering wheel dilema?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts