Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My BRABUS B55 Picture Gallery . . . Updated w/ More To Come

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Beleriand 
#1 ·
The other day, I had a tough time uploading pictures to the site. It looks like the problem has been fixed. But rather than take up more space here, I have posted 10 pictures in the Gallery at:

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/showlink.asp?CatID=13713&parentID=53&subname=BRABUS%20SLK%20B55&parentname=

A site clitch caused me to post my other attempts multiple times. I just wanted to create one place where we could discuss mods of all types right here.

Check out my gallery and let me know what you think. I still have some interior work to do this week:

Black alcantara door inserts
Black leather armrest, door handle and oval
Black leather door pouch
Black alcantara shift boot
Black alcantara brake handle

All of this will be stitched in beige stitching.

It is another rainy day here in the OC so no new pics today. I will try to add some more pics this week. I will add them to the gallery at the above link. Be sure the check back.

Thanks for everyone's cool comments. This is a great forum. I find that those who frequent MBworld are a bit more grouchy and less willing to engage in meaningful debate. Besides those who post both here and there, they all seem to be full of sour grapes and want to bash BRABUS. This is by far the better of the two sites for me. I don't mind people disagreeing with my choices - I just like to hear why, instead of just "I think BRABUS is overpriced and sucks." With nothing to back it up. You guys are a lot better.

Take care. [:D]

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

The wheels are pretty light but BRABUS doesn't make the lightest wheels. I honestly don't know the weight. I will find out.

The exhaust note is incredible. It is much deeper and agressive than before.

Unfortunately, where I live I am just a small fish in a very large pond of exotic cars. My car gets noticed but not as much as if I was anywhere else in the country.

Once again, thanks for the kind comments. We are all lucky to have such nice cars! [:D]

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Zut - 3/19/2006 9:26 PM

Great car! Congratulations! Looking at those photos almost makes me regret not to have gone for the 55... [V]
Actually, besides engine tuning, BRABUS can actually do MORE for an SLK350 than an SLK55. BRABUS doesn't like to mess with the AMG aerodynamic bodywork. You can put front bumper, side runners (with entrance lights - very cool), rear bumper and spoiler from BRABUS. It would cost you but it would make your car look every bit as good as mine. Couple that with some nice wheels (from BRABUS or another good wheel maker) and your SLK350 would rival any 55 on the road - cosmetically. Unfortunately, the only US option BRABUS has for the SLK350 engine tuning is the engine displacement - which is basically an entire engine swap for around $30,000. Not really worth it.

If BRABUS interests you, shoot me a PM and I can tell you more about your options. Can't beat objective advice on modifications. [:D]

Discussion starter · #9 ·
No problem. I really like the way you have your interior set up. I think the black with the beige looks better than my all beige interior. That is why I am having BRABUS make mine like yours in color scheme - black alcantara door insert with black leather armrest, handle, oval and pouch. I think your car looks great. Did I ever tell you that my SLK350 that I traded in for my SLK55 was Caspian Blue? Man, I got more compliments on that color than anything else. It is an absolute show-stopper. I miss it. You just can't beat Caspian. [^]

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Why is our forum so dead lately?[:(]

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I agree. I did not see any other SLKs down there while my car was there. It seems like the most popular car to upgrade right now is the CLS55.

I think that the front spoiler and side panels would look great on a 350. Give Matt @ BRABUS a call. He will give you pretty objective advice. Tell him I sent you (my real name is Dana).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.