Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
hey guys i have a 1982 380sl in which my blower motor wont work defoster a/c nothing any tips?
Did you just get it and it hasn't worked while you've had it? Or have you had it a while and it just died? Give us some history to work with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guys when i bought the car it did work and then all of a sudden stopped working i checked fuses they are all ok thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mines doing the same thing! Ive only had defrost since ive bought it but now it only comes on sometimes when it feels like it?? Any ideas why its doing this??

·
Registered
46 Posts
just for fun turn the key back just one little click.
the blower on my 81 sl only works when i do this.
some how my benz mechanic knew this.....

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,105 Posts
Do a search, but the ignition switch has been the culprit in the past. It's amazing what functions it actually controls.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Mines doing the same thing! Ive only had defrost since ive bought it but now it only comes on sometimes when it feels like it?? Any ideas why its doing this??
Your what? If you have a 78 450SL, that car is equipped with a Servo/Amplifier. Heat only on defrost is a classic symptom of a failed ACC amplifier (little black box behind the glove box).

Hint: fill out your profile when you get a chance, so we know for certain what car you have. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts