Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
08 135 vert 6mt-formerly 08 CLK 350-formerly 01 SLK 6MT
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after installing my 3 lamel grill and noting I might glue the chrome strips on from the back because they were loose in a previous thread guess what happened? Yes, I lost one on Pacific Coast Highway one sunny morning cruising topless (see pic attached). Fcuk, yes fcuk!
Yet, there was hope! Dustin Nghe from Specdtuning who handled warranty claims from our group buy was able to send me one gratis from the broken grills we sent back!!! This is customer service from "back in the day" so if the group buy for the projector headlights is still on you should patronize his company for what they have done for us so far.
Good job Dustin and thank you very much......gotta go wash her now....the car that is!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
1,006 Posts
Glad to hear that they'll take care of you!

When I first got my grill, I turned it over in my hands just to inspect it. One of the chrome strips fell right onto the floor. So I glued all of them in before I installed it. Pretty cheap, huh? Looks nice though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glue

What specific type/brand of adhesive did you boys use?

·
Registered
2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
1,006 Posts
I used Gorilla glue - very strong, but be careful of using too much as it dries an amber color (visible from front if you use too much).

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
34 Posts
I was told to return my broken grille by someone at Specdtuning back to them, instead of gluing it, and I am still waiting for the replacement. I wish I had glued it instead.

·
Registered
98 red 230 slk
454 Posts
JB WELD! When will you people learn!! And yes, Its good for arthritis also. OH, wait a sec, thats WD 40, never mind.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
61 Posts
Yep, JB Welded mine too when I first got it. Btw, can't go with the all-black look as there are the mounting holes for the lamels that look pretty darn ugly without the lamels to cover them.

·
Registered
2002 Buick Regal LSX; 2000 SLK 230
51 Posts
Do you have Justin's contact information? I too lost a chrome strip, the same one actually, and tried emailing their customer service email, and dominick, but never heard from anyone. Thanks. Also I really like the black/red combo, looks awesome!

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Thats whats great about my grill, What ever happens nothing can ever fall off it :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts