1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.superlifts.com/html/lifts/sp-7.htm

4500$

I probably can change your garage door tracks so when open it will be higher (give me clearance for the car on a lift)

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
You can get Bend-Pak twin post lifts for about $2300. The problem is usually enough height in the garage for any lift; you need 12' or more to be able to walk around under a typical car and install the lift. Try the "e-autolifts" web site.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the idea of one post lift - it doesn't divide the garage space.

I am not looking at prices now - just dreaming.

·
Registered
2006 SLK-55 AMG
737 Posts
I like the idea of a frame lift instead of a drive on, mostly because the runners get in the way and it is easier to do wheel/chassis work with the suspension unloaded. I also like the idea of the floor under the lift being clear for rolling tools and/or jacks/hoists/drains around under it, or even being able to store a second car UNDER the lifted car (which pretty much rules out single post hydraulic in-floor lifts). I would probably opt for one of those 2-posts that have the connector bar across the TOP of the lift, to keep the floor clear, even it would mean not being able to lift a truck with camper on it (or other really tall vehicle) to full height.

I plan on designing the necessary height into the next house I build; that's about the only way to get 12+' in the garage; you will not get it in a cookie cutter home.

·
Registered
2004 E55-1970 280SEC
2,026 Posts
I would settle for scissor jacks.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You should be able to store a second car under signal post lift. Single post should give you about 6ft clearance. Under it. My garage ceiling is 10ft. If i lift a car 5ft i should be able to squeeze second car under.

I also want to be able to park the car in a center of the garage and wide open all doors (to do stereo install) with single post you also don't have to worry about getting the car between two posts every time you par. With two post - the column may block you from opening one of doors when you parked.

So far my dream lift is a single post.

Norb, you - got too much garage space.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on designing the necessary height into the next house I build; that's about the only way to get 12+' in the garage; you will not get it in a cookie cutter home.
Yeph, my dream house got 4 car garage with floor drain and 12+ ceiling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts