Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'89 W124 300CE signal red, AMG body kit, 17" aero 1's, bilstein and AMG springs.
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a few pictures with fellow Benz fans...

AMG aero 1 wheels and AMG/bilstein shocks AMG white springs.

Cheers.

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
Looking at your motor I have to say it is very tastefully done and, were it mine, I would have done it exactly the same way with the exception of adding either yellow fog lights in the bumper or the "French" fog lights in the main units only to provide contrasting colors.

10 of 10!

I like you didn't paint the bumpers and you have amber indicators up front and on the sides.

·
Registered
'89 W124 300CE signal red, AMG body kit, 17" aero 1's, bilstein and AMG springs.
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it rolled out of the dealership like that so I can't take any credit!
I was planning on getting yellow fogs or putting some yellow protection film over the current units.
I am toying with the idea of powder coating the wheels black and stripping the front bumper down to plastic, it needs a respray anyway.
The rear arches have no rust visible from the outside.
When I got it I ran my fingers behind the rear arches, the amount of damp mud stuck in there was crazy, glad I got it all out.
The interior is in great shape, all black MB tex.
Cheers for the replies.
More pics to follow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AMG stamped front Bilstein damper:

AMG white spring albeit a little rusty!:

Click to enlarge.

On the hunt for an AMG steering wheel.

·
Registered
99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB
2,282 Posts
Just thought I'd share a few pictures with fellow Benz fans...

AMG aero 1 wheels and AMG/bilstein shocks AMG white springs.

Cheers.
Gives you an idea of the yellow AMG driving lights and the French Hella head lamps, that you are considering.

Attachments

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
Wow that rust is terrific! I'd definitely put the car on a lift and deal with the rust and corrosion issues now.

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Great looking red coupes, both you guys! I'm curious on the AMG front spoiler - what years/versions did they have? I have this on the '89 but am told it is for an earlier version. So the slant version is the correct one for a '89?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Great looking red coupes, both you guys! I'm curious on the AMG front spoiler - what years/versions did they have? I have this on the '89 but am told it is for an earlier version. So the slant version is the correct one for a '89?
Their were at least four GEN I versions that I know of...
First versions were fiberglass, then made with PU

The early one like you have was introduced in 1986.. Also note the pre ducktail trunk wing::

The original Hammer version in late 87 had no center venting:

And the most common in early 88 had the center venting:

Also some versions had "AMG" embossed in the lower center of the spoiler.

And this looks a bit different in the area of the driving lights:

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,970 Posts
Pics of the AMG front spoilers together 3 versions. Note the last one is not an AMG spoiler.

Bondavi you have the early version spoiler same as the red one. It should have the early style side skirts too. You have the later model side skirts which look nicer anyways. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great info guys, Bondavi, seriously sexy car you have there, did you chrome plate / polish the wheels or are they the uber rare hammer editions?
Love the smoked headlights too.
Chabanais, that is a good idea, get it before it becomes a real problem.
Cheers for the pic of the French lights, I think I prefer the smoked look.
I need to replace a ball joint. Am I right in thinking there is something different compared to normal w124's because mine was factory lowered?
Welded to the LCA or something?

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Did AMG do any rear fender mods aside from the "normal" widebodies, even in later years on older model cars? Such as "lite" flares?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Did AMG do any rear fender mods aside from the "normal" widebodies, even in later years on older model cars? Such as "lite" flares?
I would consider your coupe a "widebody lite"....

It's extremely rare as I know of no "normal" widebody C124's ever built by AMG in North America...

AMG would do whatever the owner desired and could afford, no two really the same !!!

You have a very special AMG build !!!!

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
I have a copy of one of those AMG glue/screw on trunk spoilers. Did they ever put the MB star back on with those, or are they always de-badged, with just the AMG script?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts