And here she is:

'01 320 SPORT

Now my wife and I are are very happy and so is my 540! [:D]

Keith

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
She's my baby's twin, but yours has nicer wheels. I like white the best on these cars.

FYI, A few months ago I got a Lorinser-style spoiler off of eBay from a dealer in Dallas for less than $200 with shipping. If you have paint code 143, he may have more. Color is a perfect match.

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
Welcome to the club, great looking car. How do you like your 540, I am looking at a 6 speed 2002 540 this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slav - 5/13/2005 8:58 AM

Welcome to the club, great looking car. How do you like your 540, I am looking at a 6 speed 2002 540 this weekend.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning from everyone
here about these Merc cars. [:D]

Are you kidding, the 540 is MY baby and he's an animal.
But I must confess, I'm an E34 chassis guy and your looking at a E39 chassis, nice car, but not as raw as the E34.
I'm a rep for Bay Bimmerz ( a 500 + members BMW club)in the SF/Bay Area, so this car is going nowhere, hell, my wife even asked me if I/we were getting rid of the 540 and I just gave her "that look".
Once you drive that '02 540 6 spd, you will be hooked.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
KDK - 5/13/2005 12:02 PM

Are you kidding, the 540 is MY baby and he's an animal.
But I must confess, I'm an E34 chassis guy and your looking at a E39 chassis, nice car, but not as raw as the E34.
I'm a rep for Bay Bimmerz ( a 500 + members BMW club)in the SF/Bay Area, so this car is going nowhere, hell, my wife even asked me if I/we were getting rid of the 540 and I just gave her "that look".
Once you drive that '02 540 6 spd, you will be hooked.

Good luck.
That is good to know, I checked out the Bay Bimmerz site. That must be your black 540 on the pictures page. Nice ride!

·
Registered
SLK 230, BMW 540
49 Posts
Slav,
I also have an E39 540. Awesome car - you'll love it. A perfect combination of power and luxury. Don't mean to sound like a BMW advertisement. Totally different to the SLK but both cars are great fun to own and drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slav - 5/13/2005 1:37 PM
That is good to know, I checked out the Bay Bimmerz site. That must be your black 540 on the pictures page. Nice ride!
The Bay Bimmerz site is a little ( a lot) behind right now, so the info there is a lttle outdated.
Yeah, that's my ride with the Golden Gate in the backround, not a great picture, but it was a great day. [8D]

Yeah, let me know if you make that purchase, a few of us from the Bay Area/Nor Cal, the Portland area, the Seattle area and possibly Idaho, will be converging on the Cali/Oregon border, hopefully the weekend of Oct. 2nd.
There's some awesome twisties for us to play on and we might be staying at the Benbow Inn.

Keep in touch, PM me in regards to the
"other" car [;)] ,

Keith

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
KDK - 5/13/2005 4:50 PM

Yeah, let me know if you make that purchase, a few of us from the Bay Area/Nor Cal, the Portland area, the Seattle area and possibly Idaho, will be converging on the Cali/Oregon border, hopefully the weekend of Oct. 2nd.
There's some awesome twisties for us to play on and we might be staying at the Benbow Inn.

Keep in touch, PM me in regards to the
"other" car [;)] ,

Keith
Will do, thanks for the information. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts