Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it, and Im selling it. I really loved this car. Im selling it to buy a 300SDL. Anyway, here is the eBay listing. Ill sell it to you guys for $3995.

Linky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4527841126

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. [:D] It was on the Belt though.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was right near Knapp Street. Passing that exit. They are usually after the overpass. I slowed down right before that.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed my mind. Im not gonna sell it. Im gonna screw around with it for a little bit.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
1985 300CD - 2/13/2005 6:10 PM

I changed my mind. Im not gonna sell it. Im gonna screw around with it for a little bit.
Another member who decides not to sell his W123. [^] I was beginning to worry about "Betty Boop"'s fate when I saw your ad.

May I know why you initially wanted to sell her?

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I saw a 87 300SDL on eBay. I just liked the car ALOT. It was near my area, had 116k. Really nice. So I said, let me throw my car on eBay, see what it does, mabye I can buy this SDL. Anyway, I put it up. I called the guy with the SDL and he said he wanted $8,000 for it. I said forget it and realized what I nice car this one is. Its just a nice coupe. It does need some work, but little by little Ill work on it. I love Betty. I feel so bad that I was gonna sell it. [:(]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
1985 300CD - 2/13/2005 6:38 PM

Well, I saw a 87 300SDL on eBay. I just liked the car ALOT. It was near my area, had 116k. Really nice. So I said, let me throw my car on eBay, see what it does, mabye I can buy this SDL. Anyway, I put it up. I called the guy with the SDL and he said he wanted $8,000 for it. I said forget it and realized what I nice car this one is. Its just a nice coupe. It does need some work, but little by little Ill work on it. I love Betty. I feel so bad that I was gonna sell it. [:(]
When I got into the accident (you already saw the pics, right?) I also thought of selling it myself after seeing other W123's in perfect shape! I also saw this 420SEL on Craigslist last month (black beauty!) and I think the owner is selling it on the W126 forum as well. I would kill for such a mint car! But then, it would pressure me enough to maintain it in that same pristine condition so much so that I won't use it in the rain, harsh conditions, etc...

And knowing the W123 is a real workhorse (albeit a luxurious one even until now!), I decided this is the car for me. I used to own an old Lancer that always gave up on me--overheating, flat tires, wiper malfunction in a storm, etc...you name it! Now I got the exact opposite. This W123 will keep running, and for the past year has given me no problems whatsoever. Starts up first time every morning (except one time when I left the shifter in D [:D])

·
Registered
483 Posts
The W123 is indeed amazing. Haven't really put in money into fixing it. I still need to replace the glow plug, but other than getting it to start in these cold weather, I have no problem with it!

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
Is three cars even enough? In my opinion, we should all have enough to drive a different one each day of the week.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
Sometimes I feel I cannot thank her enough for safely bring me to my destination. Those heavy rain, stop-and-go traffic, potholes and other road pitfalls must be a bit tough for this 21 year old tank, but she never ever fails!

But she still start right up every morning without hesitation, still runs comfortably, still have fine fit-and-finish like new!

I won't sell mine, no matter what![;)]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts