Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for my 1989 560 SL? I replaced the head unit with a nice Pioneer Premier CD/MP3 player. I replaced the two small 4' front speakers with new Alpine speakers. I have 2 6x9's just sitting behind the front seats in boxes because I have not decided how to permanently mount them yet. It sounds alot better now with the new fronts and the 6x9's, but it looks really tacky with the 6x9's not mounted in the car. I need suggestions on where to mount these, and would love to see pictures of how other people have modified the stereo in the 560sl. Even with the new 4' speakers in front, I am still getting 90% of the sound from the rear 6x9's. I wish there was a way to mount speakers in the door. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I have one! What model number of Pioneer Premier CD/MP3 player did you purchase and was it a good fit. Who installed it and did they have to butcher the wiring? I am going to install 2 X 6-9 also. I have seen options to put the 6 X 9 on the rear jump seat bottom. Please let me know if you have had any recomendations? Thanks Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts