Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team On the run from the Nuns will be using my parts 300D car. We are looking for sponsors, cheerleaders (spectators), and a mechanic or two.

The Race Organizers: The 24 Hours of LeMons
The Team Organizer: Kevin Lee
The Race: The 24 Hours of LeMons: Carolina
The Rules: The 24 Hours of LeMons: Rules
The Sponsorship: STD is donating the car and wisdom. The head racer will be receiving $3500 from his company. We are looking for sponsors with a few loose pennies to donate safety equipment and or cash for race fees / fuel. Please PM me for more info. Any extra money will be donated to humanitarian efforts in China.

For more info : superturbodiesel.com • View topic - STD racing in the 24 hours of LeMons.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have slotted 2nd gen W126 brakes on there, 15" is required. Hopefully the car doesnt get the people choice award and I can buy the rims back.

·
Registered
'87 300D
1,394 Posts
looks like your guy will have to bring his own fuel

Fuel Sold On-Site: 100-octane minimum

can't wait to see the action. I just hope they don't destroy it mid race

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
That's looks very fun. Might have to get into that soon.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Day 1 of the race is over. They are eating through the tires at a heavy pace, other than that the car has been doing great!!! There was a high of 19th position, they are currently in 25th do to a bumper lockup with some asshole trying to pass in the chicane. We hadnt had a chance to turn up the turbo so they are going to do that for tomorrow and well see how things run! Pics and vids to come.

[edit] I should add thats 25 out of 75 and 7.5 more hours of racing

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#

With 30min to go and back in 19th (from a starting position of 32 this morning) in the race they lost the right rear axle, it literally fell out.

From the mouthes of babes, we were always taking them in the corner, including lapping an Impreza and keeping neck and neck with a spec Miata.

Next year we will be back with boosted turbo, IC and a changed drivetrain!

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
^^may I ask what that is cheapold?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts